Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is going on....

highway

First I read, tossed casually into a thread, that Cyrus Power is thinking of selling his 993. This seemed as likely as Michael Knight chopping KITT in for a Pontiac Aztec.

This is the man who gave a nigh on mint, low miles car a glass out, no expense spared repaint like others choose to wash the car on a Sunday morning. This is the guy who replaced the under bonnet carpet, because the pocket, yes the pocket ladies and gentlemen, had grown saggy.

This is the man who is selling.....

Now I read that Kim H, the man whose name you can actually Google with 993, also has his car for sale.

It will be Jackal next.

I'm the one who can voice doubts about selling up and being told I'm "Not a real993er", not these guys.

I'm confused. What's happening....

I've grown to love owning a car that lives under a sheet in the garage...

I think all the wise money is moving into the 964 market :thumb: :floor:

Mohito should be bidding for one the members cars here. Kim could finance revoloution in a minor African state with what he has spent on his car over the passed few years. You can't go wrong with a motor that has had more love than One Direction gets lavished on it.

My ears were burning :thumbs:

Who is Kim and could you point me to his car for sale ?

Who is Kim?

You've been a member since July 2012 right?

He's the inventor of the Googlicious Hollamby exhaust mod...

Search this forum Kimbo is your man. If he wants to let his C2 go, take the opportunity. Bring a forklift to help with the invoice file.

I totally understand selling and using the money in more sensible ways. I just wish I was half as sensible. I certainly don't use mine half enough to justify having my name on the V5.

It's all too easy to leave these wonderful machines doing nothing because its a bit of a faff to get them out, or because they're looking so lovely and clean that your little run doesn't justify getting them mucky, your daily is easier to actually use as a car, your commute isn't far enough to warm it up properly, your office has 8 speed ramps on the entrance, you want a costa and have no cup holder and certainly don't want to circumnavigate the drive thru, your new housing development is dirty with bumpy unfinished roads. All are weak excuses, but some how all stop me using my 993 anywhere near as much as it deserves.

Should I sell it? Probably if I'm honest. Will I? Unlikely. Why? Because those rare occasions where I throw caution to the wind and take it for a blast it makes me feel bloody amazing! It's my dream car and I feel very fortunate to have it. I get excited like a little kid when I am in it, and almost all of life's silly stresses are forgotten for the whole time I'm near it.

Yesterday I had a properly crap day, so I unplugged the charger, moved the Gf's car out of the way, opened the garage, jumped in and grinned a bit, turned the key and got that familiar silly excited adrenalin twitch then continued out to carelessly murder literally hundreds of huge moths and flies. An hour and a half and twenty odd quids worth of fuel later I felt bloody brilliant! Not much matches that for therapy. I need this car in my life so it's going nowhere for the foreseeable.

Just read KH's ad. School fees. As we say here in the ghetto, maximise the respect.

Not selling mine. Still love it. Love the GT3 but getting it has made me realise even more just how amazing the 93 is to drive. Looking ahead to a 3rd stablemate personally. Heart says really must go to Maranello this time, head says i'll prolly end up with a 964rs. 93 still my most favourite car ive ever owned or driven though. The key is using it every single week. Gonna treat mine to a 3 day hoon round wales this Autumn.

All time no.1? But you had a 340R, when they were new and über cool....

dommorton said:
I totally understand selling and using the money in more sensible ways. I just wish I was half as sensible. I certainly don't use mine half enough to justify having my name on the V5.

It's all too easy to leave these wonderful machines doing nothing because its a bit of a faff to get them out, or because they're looking so lovely and clean that your little run doesn't justify getting them mucky, your daily is easier to actually use as a car, your commute isn't far enough to warm it up properly, your office has 8 speed ramps on the entrance, you want a costa and have no cup holder and certainly don't want to circumnavigate the drive thru, your new housing development is dirty with bumpy unfinished roads. All are weak excuses, but some how all stop me using my 993 anywhere near as much as it deserves.

Should I sell it? Probably if I'm honest. Will I? Unlikely. Why? Because those rare occasions where I throw caution to the wind and take it for a blast it makes me feel bloody amazing! It's my dream car and I feel very fortunate to have it. I get excited like a little kid when I am in it, and almost all of life's silly stresses are forgotten for the whole time I'm near it.

Yesterday I had a properly crap day, so I unplugged the charger, moved the Gf's car out of the way, opened the garage, jumped in and grinned a bit, turned the key and got that familiar silly excited adrenalin twitch then continued out to carelessly murder literally hundreds of huge moths and flies. An hour and a half and twenty odd quids worth of fuel later I felt bloody brilliant! Not much matches that for therapy. I need this car in my life so it's going nowhere for the foreseeable.
+1

You'll have to pry the keys to mine from my cold dead hands :mrgreen:

highway said:
Who is Kim?

You've been a member since July 2012 right?

He's the inventor of the Googlicious Hollamby exhaust mod...

Search this forum Kimbo is your man. If he wants to let his C2 go, take the opportunity. Bring a forklift to help with the invoice file.

Ah - Kim HOLLAMBY !

It does look a great and totall sorted car. But unfortunately I have not yet given up the dream of a WB 4S. :oops:

dommorton said:

Great post Dom :thumb:
I did the faff and got mine out this morning for the commute, first time it's moved in a couple of weeks, glad I did, bloody brilliant, likely I'll be going the long way home :grin:

schwarz993 said:
You'll have to pry the keys to mine from my cold dead hands :mrgreen:

AT LAST some common bloody sense!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back