Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What is behind a 997.2 front bumper

qwerty911

Trainee
Took the front bumper off my 2010 997.2 c2s Cab (to replace air con condensers). I was surprised to find the black styrofoam insert as I had not seen this on any of the videos I watched. I'm guessing a UK v US spec difference?
But can anyone comment on the black cable-tie? I'm guessing not Porsche OEM? also, should the part held by the cable-tie be replicated on the left side of bumper? there is no evidence of one ever being there?
Also, it the part being held by the cable-tie broken, it looks like a top part of it has broken off?
Lastly, what is the antenna looking item?

Attachments

• bumper1_130.jpg
    bumper1_130.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 997
  • bumper2_229.jpg
    bumper2_229.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 997
  • bumper3_200.jpg
    bumper3_200.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 997
VTS radio antenna plus the gps antenna .

VTS is an optional fitment .

It's worth having the immobiliser circuit disconnected if you don't have the black fobs or an active subscription to the service .

Thanks deMort. Is the extra looking part, held on by the cable-tie, all part of the VTS system?

The cable tie holds on the foam block which has the VTS antenna in it with the gps antenna being a bit further along the ally bumper ... these are only needed if an active VTS system ..

If not used i always recommend the immobiliser part of this is bypassed as i have seen in the past cars recovered due to this deciding to activate .

The large foam block along the front is standard fitment on i believe gen 2 997 .. unsure on 997.1 but i think not .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back