Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

what does this Nokia thing do??

tim993

Zandvoort
Under the drivers seat of my car there is a box marked:

Nokia 993.645.301.00

according to the parts list at:

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinfo/pdf/en/catalogues/E_993_KATALOG.pdf

(page 454) it is a simply called a 'booster'

This must be part of the audio system, but i am a little surprised as i thought all the gubbins for that was inside the headunit.

Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110931

It's the DSP option for your stereo! Nokia supplied the original speakers too...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110940

(thanks Stevo - must remember to turn it down...)

ocean, that is a good thought. Hmmm.

I just dug out the hard-back 911 Turbo brochure:- Digital Sound Processing was an option. Don't think was ticked on my car. Plus it would have some extra knobs and switches (? i think ?) - which i don't see anywhere :?
. Hang on, the brochure also says: ...all activated via a 150-Watt amplifier... So perhaps this is it?

There's lots of boxes hidden under the seats with wires leading to them - i'm actually trying to find the one which is the alarm, but got distracted!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110947

It may have been retrofitted by a PO as these come up for sale on eBay occasionally.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110948

Tim, as ever Ade is correct. It is the DSP box which is really just a dynamic equaliser and amp. "Booster" would not be a bad description. Remember the old "Loudness" buttons on stereos? Well the DSP is/was the modern equivalent.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110949

Thanks ocean - so you reckon this is a DSP box rather than just an amp then?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110950

thanks Ade and Sean! I thought DSP came with some extra buttons and switches. I did also notice there is a din-type multi-pin connector under the carpet flap at the front of the seat which looks unused. Could this be the connection for the switch module, if fitted?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110951

just checked eBay - i think this is just an amplifier - the DSP seems to be part number

993 645 302 00

:?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110957

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back