Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet rear carpet, and no I don't have a sunroof.

Rallyeman

Magny-Cours
I'm just putting a lap belt, in the back of my GT3, and noticed the carpet is wet and the rear passenger footwell and seat area. Last weekend I gave it a good wash with a jet wash, including snow foam. I purposely didn't aim the lance directly at then door window seals. Any ideas anyone?

After a search on here, I've found a net curtain wire pushed along the drain hole , should sort it.

Definitely check carefully to see how wet it is under the carpet as there is a lot of foam sound deadening that can hold a large volume of water - ask me how I know...! I took the drivers seat out to fully air and dry my carpets when I noticed they were wet. In my case, it was caused by the drain hole by the battery being blocked and water getting in via a grommet through the bulkhead.

On some write offs, a mis fixed door doesn't firt into the twisted shell, and the rubber seal doesn't fit right.
Have the engine, interior, suspension, brakes gearbox and all electrics out of the car, and then put in on a gt3 jig in Stuttgart.
They'll twist it back into shape.
You need both doors off, and them either replaced, pr reskinned.
Have the rear quarters unstitched along the roof line, oh and the glass out for this to work properly.

HTH.

Stutts.

Sorry mate, re: the above post. I didn't read the thread title correctly.

You don't have a sunroof?
Well, there's your answer.
They'll be big a great big f ck off hole where thats mean to be.
DVB will have one to put in the hole.
Bell them.

Just wedge it in with a block of wood for now.
Get a motor later.

Jobs a good un.

HTH.

Stutts

Getting to the source of the leak. It seams this leak is coming from the rear window direction. But I think it was down to me jetwashing as the water inside is soapy. The water starts high up, then has a lovely waterfall effect ending up in the rear footwell.

Attachments

• image_243.jpg
    image_243.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,469
Hooray ! Found the source of the water, its coming from corner of the rear screen. Not sure if the rear screen is bonded. Might try some clear silicon first, under the rubber, if not I'll get a new rear screen on the Insurance

Yes, they're bonded. Try some Sikaflex in there, but make sure it's all absolutely clean & dry before application.

NXI20 said:
Yes, they're bonded. Try some Sikaflex in there, but make sure it's all absolutely clean & dry before application.
Thanks Nick

Thanks Nick, all dry and sorted. Now to try and get the carpet and trim back, this will be fun.

Rallyeman said:
Thanks Nick, all dry and sorted. Now to try and get the carpet and trim back, this will be fun.

Good news Neil. I find a small child is quite useful for any jobs requiring access back there :)

My daughter, although 23, still qualifies as she almost disappears when viewed from the side. Quite amusing to see her squirming around back there, but for some reason she doesn't think so :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back