Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Waze

str12

Silverstone
Have been using waze as a sat nav for a couple of months now and can thoroughly recommend it. It has probably saved me 2-3 hours of sitting in traffic jams due to the real-time (crowd sourced) updates.

Not sure what will happen now that Google has bought the company but I did not register an account so they don't have my personal details.

Check it out:

http://www.waze.com/

I am not connected to the company in any way.

It eats your bytes.
Good for the last mile though, I use mine with wifi, remember the route, or write it down, and use it for the last few miles.

Interesting, I've seen mixed reviews in some places about it's routing selections. They gave the distinct impression that if you're new to an area then it will be useful. However local knowledge will outdo Waze most of the time.

I suppose that is to be expected, I like the idea of Waze and will keep an eye on it to see what happens now Google have it.

Mixing it into Google Maps as a default contributor would make it a pretty formidable competitor. Privacy could be a problem though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back