Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water leak.....

Hello All

I've been chasing water leaks on the 996, found and fixed 3, but this one is baffling me.

The picture is the bulkhead behind the drivers seat (Throttle cable give away). I have water accumulating in the hollow section then leaking out where the large grommet would normally be.

Anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on where the water is coming from?

It's not the sunroof drains, have checked and cleaned those.

Thoughts / experiences much appreciated.

Attachments

• 996_water_leak_139.jpg
    996_water_leak_139.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 865
I had thought i'd figured out every possible water leak into these cars and then you come along !!

This is certainly a new one on me as water should not be able to get there ..

Best guess is it's running down from the rear or sides .. if there was a hole on the underside then it would drain away and not pool as in your image .

Remove the rear interior quarter panel under the rear window .. look behind the seat belt .. any water there ?

Are the rear carpets wet at all ? that would be an indication of its coming from the rear .

With panel removed then hose down the car that side for 10 mins .. see if you can see water entering .

Attachments

• p6290049_832.jpg
    p6290049_832.jpg
    713.3 KB · Views: 807
Thank you for the ideas.

I've checked all possible (obvious) places where the water can be entering, nothing found. Baffling.

I'll keep looking......guess it'll be ok in the summer :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back