Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Renewal

uuf361

Have my car in the OPC today as the original warranty is due to run out in about 2 weeks time, so I asked them about extending it and they checked their computer which says another year to go (which would make 3 from new). I didn't buy the extra year and have no knowledge that the previous owner did either. They said they'd check the Porsche main computer.

My fear is that through my lack of knowledge about it possibly having been extended, I may get back there in the morning and regardless will end up paying for it which I expected to do anyway.......

Also have a Cayenne (V6) as the loaner....like the "I'm bigger than you" driving position but it just feels sooo underpowered.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54747

get it in writing from them that you have another year of the warranty.. even the computer print out !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54749

I should have probably done that this morning when he mentioned it, but he said he would need to verify with the Porsche GB computer anyway and I was more interested in getting them to fix the nasty squeak on the cab roof at the time.

So I think I'll end up paying.....I will however, be questioning them as to how their system has it wrong if I end up paying etc........If it does end up being right you can rest assured I'll be getting all sorts of paperwork printed to prove!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54751

Just got a call from the dealer and suprisingly there is no extended warranty on yhe car so have had to pay out the £725......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54771

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back