Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warning light

Ray

Guys

Went out in the 993 on Saturday, first time for about 9 days.

The car started fine, but a light came on that I have not noticed before.

On the centre console there are 6 buttons for sunroof, spoiler etc etc. The light came on the top right switch which has a exclamation sign on it (!)

Ive read the manual but it dosn't really explain why it came on. I pressed it and it went off.

Any ideas

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37205

The "!" light always shows when you start up- the spoiler light illuminates until a few seconds after you move off and the "!" light will go out at the same time.

The "!" light is designed to draw your attention to another warning light- you cancel it by pressing the button.

Is that what you mean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37210

were you low on fuel? its the button you press to remove the warning light in the dials

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37211

you beat me to the draw bill

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37212

Fellas

I did not notice any other warning lights out of the ordinary. perhaps I just hadn't noticed this light come on before.

Next time I take her out I will check to see if there are any unusual warning lights and make sure that it goes out by itself.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37215

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back