Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 997.1 ducktail

ochayethen00

Trainee
I'm looking for a ducktail that would fit a 997.1

Would consider other spoilers

Able to collect anywhere

Budget?

Ducktail

You can get a new full carbon one from RPM Technik, but unfortunately not on that budget.

Attachments

• bbe6bc7c_9841_4c18_9565_758bf086185a_187.jpeg
    bbe6bc7c_9841_4c18_9565_758bf086185a_187.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,248
Try contacting MLR porsche in Stoke. I know they can source / fit ducktails.

Re: Ducktail

rocco996 said:
You can get a new full carbon one from RPM Technik, but unfortunately not on that budget.

Tease 😂

Yeah there are a few ducktails out there.
Some carbon and some fibreglass. Carbon ones fit way better. Mine is fibreglass and has had a lot of jiggery to actually look good.
So expensive though, you're looking at about £2000 after a spray and fit.

Actually, I was kind of upset about the panel gap on the back of my car. It turns out though, that weirdly the 997.1 panel gaps are significantly larger than the 997.2.

After putting the original decklid back on, I noticed the panel gap was about the same as the ducktail. I've looked at photos online of other people's cars with GT3 wings and Turbo wings etc and actually, they too have quite a large panel gap on the back.

Perhaps it's just the 997.1!

Attachments

• ducktail_317.jpg
    ducktail_317.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,100
You can see here on a GT3 the gap is fairly large too

Attachments

• aero_171.jpg
    aero_171.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,094
I'm having one fitted (996 but I know the supplier also does 997).

Made to order (fibreglass but also do CF), sprayed and fitted for about £1k bangers and mash.

I hope to get the car back next week - if its good I will share the details with you.

Thanks KNW911.
I would be interested to know the supplier and also see photos of yours once fitted.
Are you getting the 3rd light fitted?

Tombri said:
Thanks KNW911.
I would be interested to know the supplier and also see photos of yours once fitted.
Are you getting the 3rd light fitted?

I've chosen not to have the 3rd light fitted. I checked the MOT manual and there's enough ambiguity around 3rd lights to "get away with it" was my thinking.

Once I get the car back and I'm happy with it, I will share details to those who ask. I'm not hiding anything maliciously, just cautious of making "recommendations" when I haven't received my own yet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back