Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted *996 Turbo paddle shift Steering or paddles*

Gt3Owl

Sao Paulo
Looking for a converted steering wheel or a set of paddles to covert.

Airbag not required.

Please drop me a message if you know of anyone selling 👍

I did my own, the paddles are Mercedes AMG, there are a few threads on here with instructions 👍

diverzeusy said:
I did my own, the paddles are Mercedes AMG, there are a few threads on here with instructions 👍

Could you post a link please if you can find them?

I thought there used to be a thread, but the person who posted it took it down and started offering it as a service for several £hundred?

I'm going to tackle this at some point. :thumb:

I've just bought a Merc paddle wheel complete and delivered for £30 to do mine on 993 tip.
Don't think paddles have to be AMG to work.
Plenty on evil!bay

Boydyrs said:
I've just bought a Merc paddle wheel complete and delivered for £30 to do mine on 993 tip.
Don't think paddles have to be AMG to work.
Plenty on evil!bay

I hope so - I know at least the C55 AMG from around 2001 had a very similar gearbox as the 996 Turbo - hence why people recommend using those paddles.

youngsyr said:
diverzeusy said:

I thought there used to be a thread, but the person who posted it took it down and started offering it as a service for several £hundred?

Some installation info in this thread, it's mainly 997 centric but seemingly the fitment is compatible with 996's. Look for the entries from Medicus;

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=99972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here you go
http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
If the paddle part numbers are not available give me a nod, I still have the Mercedes box somewhere in my unit, I never throw boxes away or at least the numbers, 👍☺️
It's an easy DIY job just be delicate with the airbag and clock spring assembly .
Just to add,
I found the wiring about the easiest bit of the conversion, the trickiest bit is cutting away the steering wheel and getting them symmetrical, be patient and take your time, I used a variety of power tools, grinders, sharp blades etc. to remove steering wheel material and got it spot on 👍

Thanks, I've treated myself to a New custom design T96 wheel from Califonia, cost afew quid but you only live once 👍

I'll load some photos once I've received it

:stay: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

pzero said:
youngsyr said:
diverzeusy said:

Some installation info in this thread, it's mainly 997 centric but seemingly the fitment is compatible with 996's. Look for the entries from Medicus;

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=99972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back