Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 996 clear headlights, poor condition for conversion

Shalmaneser

Montreal
Hi,

Bit speculative, but I've designed, modelled and 3D printed a bracket to fit a Bosch bi-xenon projector module in a 996 headlight.

P9rWRwo.jpg

I've been using a single headlight I got for dead cheap for development (as seen above), but I'd like to get my hands on a set of headlights for road testing, ideally clears as that's what my car has. I'd be using these for a while so having them matching the corner trims and indicators would be great to stop my car looking odd.

Best option would be some clears which have got damaged internal lenses or reflectors from someone using HID conversion bulbs or overpowered halogen bulbs which otherwise have minimal value, yellowing or whatever not a problem as I'm happy restoring them.

I'd like to offer this conversion kit to the community in time but need to test it first, not looking to spend the £600+ on a set of headlights on ebay so if anybody has a knackered set please let me know. Looking to spend £100 or so.

If anyone has any leads please do let me know.

I have ambers available if you don't find any clears.

Thanks for the leads and the offer, will bear in mind. Have been chasing breakers on eBay to see what they've got too!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back