Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 996/997 Cheap Chinese Stainless Manifolds

Alex

Nordschleife
I'm after replacing my 7 year old cheap chinese stainless steel exhaust manifolds but they're in short supply online at the moment.

If any member has a set they never got round to fitting or don't want them, let me know and I'll buy them off you.......plus interest obviously. :)

Hd0c4bf99f7144671a66006e9dced0fee0.jpg

Why do they need replacing I thought being stainless they would last forever?

I actually do have a set in the loft complete with a set of titanium studs but have been told to leave it well alone until the job needs doing. Not looking to sell but just wondered why they need replacing so soon?

Winny

Stainless doesn't last forever, just lasts longer than steel. The pipes and welds are all fine, but the faceplate has warped over time and is also degrading in one corner so one is slightly weeping. I could mess about making it right but for the cost of replacements it's possibly not worth my time.

If I'm unable to acquire any at the right price I may refurb them.

Winny911 said:

They're in short supply, hence the price of places that have them more than doubling the price. I paid £110 when I got mine and usual rate is about £130.

For £260 I'll repair mine.

Wow I thought that was a good price mine has been in the loft for years so can't remember what I paid for it

How many miles have you don't to warp the flange?

PM Sent

Winny911 said:
Wow I thought that was a good price mine has been in the loft for years so can't remember what I paid for it

How many miles have you don't to warp the flange?

About 60k miles.

I'm still on the hunt for these if anybody has a pair sat in their loft, etc. :thumbs:

Hi Alex,
looks like you got the last set, nothing left on that link.

Alex said:
Bet someone on here saw the link and bought them. Got mine over a year ago.

I resemble that comment!!! I did order a set, but within 10 minutes had a refund come through, I guess they had already run out of them.

MC

Has anyone ever tested these against the OE manifolds? Would be interested to see the results! The sound is definitely different so they're doing something but is it a good thing or not? There are benefits to unequal length primaries as the scavanging effect per cylinder changes as the revs rise giving a better spread of power.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back