Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 200 cell cats

Thanks for the link. The only option they provide for 997.2 is knocking out the existing and replacing with HJS which I know are known for their cat quality.

I have been speaking with a company and hopefully will be able to come up with something for 997.2 utilising the PSE.

Tim be very very careful where you buy 200 cell cats for the gen2 . as I am sure you know the header and cats are a single section on the gen2 and the cats are very close to the block , save up and buy expensive , I had cheap cats on my gen2 the baffle broke up and because they are so close to the block instead of getting blown out of the back of the exhaust the Debris was injested into the engine on overrun , A full Hartech engine rebuild was needed . I now have Cargraphic tri metal 200 cell cats on the car , they seem to be doing a great job but probably because there was lots of R&D and trials done by cargraphic unlike you get with Chinese copies . but they were £3500 just for the header and 200cell section . but please take care and do plenty of research before buying any . :thumb: :thumb:

I have these spare but I've no idea if they are the ones you require.

Attachments

• pt28_604.jpeg
    pt28_604.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 1,865
HJS Cats are a quality unit. I believe Carnewal offer these and they are also very prominent in Motorsport. :thumb:

C.

Thanks guys for feedback. Phil- ouch -sounds like a very expensive mistake with the cheap cats. Definitely don't want that happening to me- can't afford the rebuild. Your advice is heeded.

After doing a bit of research I know the cats are part of the header/manifold. Did you get a good gain from the header and 200 cell cat you fitted?

I have been speaking with Alex from Top Gear, as he would like to develop a system for 997.2. I see many forum members using his products on 996 and 997.1 and all seem happy and the products look great and well made.

Not sure what cats they use. Hope Alex can make a system for me and other 997.2 owners out there.
:thumb:

I've trawled the internet to find current 997.2 200 cell cat solutions and the links are below:-

https://www.cargraphicts.com/en/pro...972-carrera-s/manifolds-catalytic-converters/

http://www.carnewal.com/products/997/p97127/997-2-Exchange-Sport-Cats

https://gb-topspeedauto.glopalstore...xazqtT5kZtsrDmktJindlTJmeTxzCTBEaApalEALw_wcB

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES997292...dition-with-200-cell-hf-sport-catalytics.html

https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-porsche-997-2-carrera-sport-headers-2009-2012/

There may be others. It does seem all but FVD use the OEM combined header and cat design. Speaking with Alex- he will obviously get a better idea of what he can do when he gets my car to look underneath.

tim-06 said:
Thanks guys for feedback. Phil- ouch -sounds like a very expensive mistake with the cheap cats. Definitely don't want that happening to me- can't afford the rebuild. Your advice is heeded.

After doing a bit of research I know the cats are part of the header/manifold. Did you get a good gain from the header and 200 cell cat you fitted?

I have been speaking with Alex from Top Gear, as he would like to develop a system for 997.2. I see many forum members using his products on 996 and 997.1 and all seem happy and the products look great and well made.

Not sure what cats they use. Hope Alex can make a system for me and other 997.2 owners out there.
:thumb:

Hi Tim, 200cell cats on the gen2 are singly the best power gain to be had, there's not as much to get from the gen2 as there was from the gen1 personally I think thats because Porsche themselves used some of the available to get the 385 bhp from it compared to the gen1s 355, the induction is better on the gen2 it as stock uses a GT3 size throttle body and improved induction using twin cone induction both things used as mods on the gen1 to gain BHP . :thumb:

Alex at Topgear is a great guy and personally is aware of the issue I had with my car as we discussed it at length when I was asking his advice on what to use after the rebuild knowing he was aware of everything on the market and he's from that industry., so will I am sure he will be ensuring they use the very best cats available ,being an exhaust manufacturer he has the very best contacts across the globe . I look forward to seeing how they get on developing options for the gen2 :thumb: Tim I have PMed you some thoughts mate :thumb:

Thought I'd let you know I'd arrange with Alex from Top Gear Exhausts and the car has been safely delivered by top bloke Steve. It is now with them to develop a 997.2 exhaust system with 200 cell cats. Alex and team will review properly when under the car to see what they can produce. Hopefully it will be a work of art like the rest of their products I've seen and allow the car to breathe better (hopefully make it sound and perform a bit better as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chruth
Back