Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 17" cup 1's and advice on tyre age please

Jarv

Silverstone
Hi all. I am on the hunt for some genuine 17" cup 1's for my 964. Don't mind if they need a bit of a refurb. Any leads would be greatfully received!

I have seen a couple of sets for sale which have tyres fitted. My other question is, if the wheels have not been on a car, what age is acceptable for tyres? I have seen one set where the tyres date from week 52 2001.

Thanks

Peter

Most advice seems to say that six years is the maximum, but it depends HUGELY on how the tyres have been stored.

Cool and out of sunlight is what you want, but even so anything over six years should be treated with caution.

Hi. thanks very much OC.

I had it in mind that it was around 6 or 7 years but i guess you never know how the wheels have been stored.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back