Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Views..

Martyn1

C2 no toys

More original car plus I prefer the concept of 2 wheel drive in a 911.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107526

My 993 was a C4 and i always hankered after a C2. Now in a 3 i think that rwd suits the 911 better. Just my opinion but i think that the feel of the rwd overcompensates for the marginal increase in pace of a C4 in poorer weather.

I say go for the 2! Why is it that most aero-kitted cars are C4s??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107527

Well 8K miles is nothing. So it is down to age. There will be some big bills for the '99 car this year as a big service coming - but it comes with a lot of kit.

Given that, in a years time the '99 car will have cost you a lot more than the 01 car. Maybe some of that could go on extra's.

Go with your heart mate. The Second one sounds a bit more special.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107528

How much money are we talking here?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107529

The C2 would be my preference but then I'm not into bodykits etc. I go for more subtle approach. Mechanically - I haven't got a clue!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107530

on the face of it the GT3 look would suit your requirements, how's about a PPI on both ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107533

Both are going to cost around £8-9k to change..

Both are from dealers so will have a full service before collection...

Not sure if to go newer and put the kit/wheels/lowered/exhault on later...

Or carry on looking for a C2 with all the kit !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107535

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 08 January 2007

C2 no toys More original car plus I prefer the concept of 2 wheel drive in a 911.
The 99/T, with the toys has something called a sports Pack ? :?
which ment it had all the sports stuff from factory - seat - exhaust etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107536

C4 - but then I would say that! :wink:

I didn't even look at C2s as mine is a daily driver all year-round... needed that confidence that I could get to work whatever the weather. (Also you get PSM as standard with a C4 - doesn't sound like the C2 above has it)

WRT GT3 kit, personally, I think 996s look a bit plain without any bodykit and those wheels are nice (if a complete pain inthe a**e to clean).

Biased view, I know, but I made the same choice both 2 & 6 (993) years ago!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107538

I know you really want the kit Dan so I'd go with the C4........then you won't spend £000's doing it later which you would on the newer car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107539

Dan it is the C4, if you wanted to spend the money on the C2 to get the same kit you would be looking at least £10k,

there is 2 years in it, which is nothing, and being C4 it will have the upgrade clear lights same as the Y plate one anyway.

The colour combo is a winner and the spec is special.

Go for it I would in the same boat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107540

I have seen many 996 with GT3 kits (2's & 4's) but with grey or blue leather.. (some with Green and red !!!)

But its Black trim I want.. The 2001/Y has traction control but no PSM ?

It would be a weekend car (as is my 993) with odd track days and ring trips..

Re-sale ??????????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107541

as time progresses the extra two years will pale, and the C4 will be worth more depending on miles, because of the kit it has.

BTW, you wont notice that much difference between a C4 & a C2 TBH it is tiny the performance difference, and the power output is 85/15 unless required diff I believe so does have mostly back wheel drive feel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107546

Dan - you want the kit! So have the C4. But, make sure they do a major service on it. Get that thrown in with the price. And the brake fluid will be due too. You will want to get a warranty on it before it's 8th Birthday - that way you can renew again next year.

If it all checks out and the above is done - go for it. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107549

unless you want to wait for a 3.6 of course :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107550

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mister kevlar
Back