Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

views on this c2s

Seems very expensive for a car without switchable exhaust or sports Chrono, Would be sub £40 k as a 4s PDK with more options, is the manual worth that premium?
 
Looks slightly expensive to me, but the market pricing for manual 997.2's seems a bit frothy and there aren't that many cars on the market.

I bought a manual 997.2 C2S from Dove House in the autumn at £34k with slightly more miles, without hardback seats and in guards red. 911v look like they have just sold this (lower mileage, PSE/Chrono/PASM/hardback seats at £47k)

In the autumn Cridfords had a silver 997.2 C4 manual. similar miles, similar spec for £36 or so, but I wasnt super impressed when I viewed it.
 
Gen 2 prices are all over the place at the moment especially manual cars as there are so few of them , Its not unusual to see the front PU a slightly different share especially silver , aparantly the bumpers are made and painted in a different factory then sent to the main factory to be fitted ,this and the fact its PU not metal I was told accounted for the slight colour mismatch. so it could well be original paint :thumb: but I am with you I would want it redone to match perfectly :thumb:
 
As someone who just sold an almost identical car to this last week, the number needs to start with a 3xxxx, just. :thumb:
 
thanks guys

agreed the price is way too toppy

they have a manual GTS as well which is up for 70k .... that's GT3 money all day long




this looks a better prospect:

https://www.medwaybridgemarinaltd.c...-997-carrera-s-2dr-rochester-202101308506058?

- has sports chrono and sports exhaust and leccy seats
- doesn't appear to have any paint mismatch from the pics
- I actually prefer the older style wheel



it more miles and older but that doesn't matter so much, some of the trim might be a wee bit more tatty and it needs those black sport rims but it's much more sensibly priced
 
The second car is ambitiously priced as well. £33990 is how the the advert should read
 
jackal2513 said:
....... more miles and older but that doesn't matter so much, some of the trim might be a wee bit more tatty and it needs those black sport rims but it's much more sensibly priced

£7k cheaper BUT 2 years older, 25k miles more on the clock and being sold at a basic dealer rather than at a Porsche specialist.

Your comment surprises me. Those things would matter a lot to a lot of people.
 
LeopoldStotch said:
Magic919 said:
Comedy pricing. I'd give that a miss.

Very well put. £10k over what I would pay for that.

A 2010/60, 51k mile 'S' for under £35k :chin:

Are you in 'the trade' :?:
 
I bought one in Jan from Ashgood and it started with a 3. It is a 2009 S manual with 51k on it. It does not have PSE or sports seats but has sport chrono, extended (extended) leather and a few other bits (eg ventilated seats). It was a one owner car and in excellent condition.

I was looking for a long time and prices are a bit all over the place. There are definitely fewer cars around at the moment for whatever reason and some garage prices seem optimistic but having said that some are still selling at low to mid £40ks (but perhaps that's a bit of FOMO!)

Maybe prices will stabilise this year as lockdown is lifted etc. Ultimately I was happy with the price I paid, which felt about right.
 
b2thomas said:
I bought one in Jan from Ashgood and it started with a 3. It is a 2009 S manual with 51k on it. It does not have PSE or sports seats but has sport chrono, extended (extended) leather and a few other bits (eg ventilated seats). It was a one owner car and in excellent condition.

I was looking for a long time and prices are a bit all over the place. There are definitely fewer cars around at the moment for whatever reason and some garage prices seem optimistic but having said that some are still selling at low to mid £40ks (but perhaps that's a bit of FOMO!)

Maybe prices will stabilise this year as lockdown is lifted etc. Ultimately I was happy with the price I paid, which felt about right.

good to know thanks

what do the regular seats look like then


the main change right now for dealers is they are finding it really difficult to source good stock, partly because of Brexit and partly because people have not enjoyed their cars last year so are tending to hold onto them

so maybe dealers are upping the prices of what they do have to try and garner more profit in the face of no incoming inventory ?
 
FZP said:
The second car is ambitiously priced as well. £33990 is how the the advert should read

well its refreshing to see 997 values being talked sensibly rather than talked up on a 997 forum :grin:

the offer on the second one is probably 33-34
 
jackal2513 said:
b2thomas said:
I bought one in Jan from Ashgood and it started with a 3. It is a 2009 S manual with 51k on it. It does not have PSE or sports seats but has sport chrono, extended (extended) leather and a few other bits (eg ventilated seats). It was a one owner car and in excellent condition.

I was looking for a long time and prices are a bit all over the place. There are definitely fewer cars around at the moment for whatever reason and some garage prices seem optimistic but having said that some are still selling at low to mid £40ks (but perhaps that's a bit of FOMO!)

Maybe prices will stabilise this year as lockdown is lifted etc. Ultimately I was happy with the price I paid, which felt about right.

good to know thanks

what do the regular seats look like then


the main change right now for dealers is they are finding it really difficult to source good stock, partly because of Brexit and partly because people have not enjoyed their cars last year so are tending to hold onto them

so maybe dealers are upping the prices of what they do have to try and garner more profit in the face of no incoming inventory ?

Comfort seats

Hardback sport seats with the extra shoulder wings
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,597
Messages
1,446,650
Members
49,750
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back
Top