Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyresure

markiii

thanks for that, should really have searched first, sounds like well worth it then

FYI I think from 2015 it will be EU law for all new vehicles to be equipped with some sort of tyre pressure warning system, whether the sensor type or rolling radius/rotational speed measuring.

Considering £100 + gets you a complete kit its great value compared to over £100 for EACH sensor from Porsche. We replace a lot of the valve stems as they're aluminium (OE and cheap @ £15 each inc VAT). Just remember NOT to fit metal dust caps, they WILL weld themselves on to the aluminium requiring a replacement.

Sensors have a non-serviceable battery encased in resin. They are supposed to last around 7 years. I am expecting to start seeing a lot of failures now as they started becoming common with the launch of the 997.

I fitted an aftermarket kit for Theogor who had sourced it, think it was Tyre Sure and he has been happy with it. Have also done the same for a few 993's.

Chris W said:

I fitted an aftermarket kit for Theogor who had sourced it, think it was Tyre Sure and he has been happy with it. Have also done the same for a few 993's.

Yep I have had it for the last 3 years or so and been very happy with it. It was originally fitted at that time and late last year when I had wheels refurbish and new tyres it was re-fitted On the recent trip to the Porsche museum when I was driving at high speeds was a very very useful thing to have not just from safety point of view (knowing if you have a flat) but also monitoring the temperatures and pressure at high speeds. Also because of that I did notice that on the B500 the temperature & of course pressure of the tyres on the one side of the car was higher than the other and that was due to the type and direction of the corners we had... It was very interesting to observe that but above all I always stayed confident for the state of my tyres..

Theo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back