Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressure Monitor

whammer

Trainee
... Still getting to grips with my 991.1 - I apologise in advance for the dumb question however the manual says the Tyre Pressures can be viewed via the multi funtion display- ive sat and gone through the options and the " tree " doesnt look much like the manual- would something like this have been an option or would the previous owner perhaps have deleted it and replaced it with another value to monitor..!

Any advice gratefully rcvd

cheers!

TPMS was a £437 option on the 991.1. Therefore not all cars have it.

Regds
Jungle

deMort said:
Basic rule of thumb .. if you have rubber tyres valves then you don't have TPM .

A question for you deMort.
If you haven't got the tpms from factory can you get the sensors from Porsche and fit them. And once fitted will it show up on the MFD or does that need to be coded?

deMort said:
Basic rule of thumb .. if you have rubber tyres valves then you don't have TPM .

brilliant - never ever though of this as clear as that! cheers

So did we ever get an answer on if our Cars DIDNT come with TPMS.... can we get the wheel sensors and then just get it turned on within the car?

Why tyre pressures are not monitored via the wheel speed sensors and steering angle sensor.... is beyond me.... No coding, no failures, no batteries... it just works forever. No its not 'accurate', but its good enough.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back