Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressure Gauges

Seagull

Estoril
I bought a new gauge this week which is ideal for those track days. It's electronic and measures to 0.1 psi. Checked it against a Newbow analogue gauge (the racing industry standard) today and it is within the same level of accuracy - so for £36.55 inc. VAT against £160 + VAT, it seems to me to be a good buy. One for you Sundeep?

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/accutire-racing-gauge-p-265.html

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54136

Poon. Does that mean we'll have to play the Rossi song (sorry Italian National Anthem) for you now.

Sundeep. We want something reliable not pretty. OEM, is that Overpriced Equipment for Morons?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54149

yup racing red, makes me go faster! it is actually really nice and works well.

Sundeep, the GT3 didn't come with a gauge, must be to save weight! The only gauge is on the compressor pump, its a nice little unit with a bleeder valve but its not really "race" :wink:

Aren't you at the ring/spa?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54153

Mine didn't come with a pump or a gauge. There's not even space for them in the polystyrene thingy. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54160

mine did

guagean.jpg

but I have another as a back up.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54175

Ooooh it's a horrible plastic thing - no rubber hose or bleed valve.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54178

Will people be bringing these to the track day - not sure I want to buy one if I'm not going to be tracking that often?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54198

My gauge will be there and you'e welcome to use it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54201

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 17 April 2006

Will people be bringing these to the track day - not sure I want to buy one if I'm not going to be tracking that often?
however a important piece to have for every day use, even a basic £10 digital version is fine

normally I can tell if the pressures are off in a tyre but optimal balance is important !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54205

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 17 April 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 17 April 2006

however a important piece to have for every day use, even a basic £10 digital version is fine

normally I can tell if the pressures are off in a tyre but optimal balance is important !
Hadn't thought of it that way - check the tyres every month - as you say, you can usualy tell when they are not right.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54219

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back