Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre nightmare can anyone help ?

walt mcdermott

Silverstone
Hi
My tyre sizes are 225 40 18 Front 265 35 18 Rear
The N rated tyres showing for my wheels are Pirelli P Zero Rosso I can get the rears from a couple of places but I can't get the 2 fronts 265 35 18 Pirelli P Zero anywhere in the U.K.
I've tried Design 911, Black Circles, Camskill, Kwik Fit Nts, Ats, EBay none to be had anywhere and they can't even order them, even my local OPC can't get them.
I've rang Pirelli and they can't help and don't have any idea when they will be producing more.
So my question is does anyone know where I can get these fronts ? Or if not should I fit the N rated P Zero Rosso on the rear and non N rated Pirelli P Zero ( non Rosso ) on the fronts until the Rosso are available for the front again, or even a set of Premium other brand eg Michelin, Continental that are NOT N rated I'm worried doing the later may invalidate my Insurance if non N rated tyres are fitted to the car ( one of the above tyre companies felt that it would.
Any thoughts or help appreciated.
Regards
Walt

I thought the consensus was that non-N-Rated are fine? Certainly modern Michelin aren't N-Rated but are probably a better tyre. Check with your Insurance company if you are worried about that angle.

It's an interesting problem as those are exactly the sizes I have (in MPS2) and mine are up for renewal. Had planned MPS4 or 5.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I replaced the Pirelli tyres in the same size with Michelin PS4 and noticed an improvement in ride & feel.

I would only really worry about OEM fitment on a vehicle still under warranty, tyre manufacturers generally guarantee to produce tyres for vehicles until ten years after the end of the vehicles production. As you are well past that point they may never produce anymore.

You could try these, I have used them in the past and whilst not cheap they're very helpful and knowledgeable, I would give them a ring as they tend to buy the rights to old products and moulds.

https://www.vintagetyres.com/?gclid...3mgMOwabJnUA99P1-p_4oUFn0kepeLdRoCEP8QAvD_BwE

I wouldn't worry about the n-rating, those available are all 10+ year old tyre technology and their manufacturers have much better more modern tyres available.

The consensus is generally that the best tried and tested tyre available are Michelin PS4s, and many on here (including me) have run them with no issues for years. You may even be able to find the new PS5s in those sizes.

Unless your 993 is under extended OPC warranty (which I don't think can still be done!), don't think twice about getting PS4s, would be my recommendation.

Gwsinc said:
I wouldn't worry about the n-rating, those available are all 10+ year old tyre technology and their manufacturers have much better more modern tyres available.

The consensus is generally that the best tried and tested tyre available are Michelin PS4s, and many on here (including me) have run them with no issues for years. You may even be able to find the new PS5s in those sizes.

Unless your 993 is under extended OPC warranty (which I don't think can still be done!), don't think twice about getting PS4s, would be my recommendation.

+1

I've had Michelin PS4 for years and advised my insurers without any issues at all. The car has been in for servicing this week and the vehicle check noted that tyres were not N rated but followed up with "which is not a requirement for this age of vehicle".

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back