Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre info please

jako999

Trainee
Michelin PS2 or continentals if you are on a budget seem the most popular based on previous posts.

tyre

No I didn't, I've only had it 2 months so still new to it all so what letter should I go down to? It may get pushed a few time but no where near its top end.

Thanks

Just to add to the above, speed rating on summer tyres on a high performance car like a 911 should IMO be no less than W... so W or Y or Z

Z is a bit confusing - from years ago, Z means 'above 150mph' whereas the ratings for W and Y are 'not more than 169mph' and 'not more than 186mph' respectively.

Winter tyres of course for the Porsche can be H or V if I remember correctly.

N-rating is controversial - some people believe it is just marketing, to tie you into a few select tyre manufacturers (who have a deal with Porsche), and to tie some owners into getting them through their local OPC so that Porsche get the profit.

orangecurry said:
Just to add to the above, speed rating on summer tyres on a high performance car like a 911 should IMO be no less than W... so W or Y or Z

Z is a bit confusing - from years ago, Z means 'above 150mph' whereas the ratings for W and Y are 'not more than 169mph' and 'not more than 186mph' respectively.

Winter tyres of course for the Porsche can be H or V if I remember correctly.

N-rating is controversial - some people believe it is just marketing, to tie you into a few select tyre manufacturers (who have a deal with Porsche), and to tie some owners into getting them through their local OPC so that Porsche get the profit.

Although as you can get N rated tyres through any tyre supplier so doesn't tie you into an OPC.

If you have an original Porche warranty you'd want to check that running non N rated tyres doesn't affect it in anyway.

monty said:
orangecurry said:
N-rating is controversial - some people believe it is just marketing... to tie some owners into getting them through their local OPC so that Porsche get the profit.

Although as you can get N rated tyres through any tyre supplier so doesn't tie you into an OPC.

If you have an original Porche warranty you'd want to check that running non N rated tyres doesn't affect it in anyway.

Absolutely - my point above is about the OPC service managers who say things like
'...yes you CAN get N-rated tyres from Kwik-fit, but are they the correct ones for your particular Porsche, the latest specification, and how long have they sat on the shelves...?' and so on.

And yes they do say things like that.

thanks

Thanks to all i think it will be a couple of
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 PS2 - 225/40 R18 (88Y) (N3) TL

At £256 a pair delivered I think they look good value I will order them tomorrow unless someone comes along tonight and says no their rubbish.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back