Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre fitting advice - London

SHAKTER

Silverstone
I need to replace all 4 tyres on my 993 and will order a set of PS4 17's from Blackcircles.

I am taking the car in to Precision for a service but they can't fit in the time to replace the tyres as too busy. Apparently needs 2hrs to replace the tyres? I had no idea it was such a lengthy task but then again I've never done it myself!

So my question is this: would you 'trust' the blackricles fitter? I've never used them so have no idea what to expect TBH. Or are there any recommendations for good/careful tyre fitters in the Central London area?

Any advice appreciated!

SHAKTER said:
I need to replace all 4 tyres on my 993 and will order a set of PS4 17's from Blackcircles.

I am taking the car in to Precision for a service but they can't fit in the time to replace the tyres as too busy. Apparently needs 2hrs to replace the tyres? I had no idea it was such a lengthy task but then again I've never done it myself!

So my question is this: would you 'trust' the blackricles fitter? I've never used them so have no idea what to expect TBH. Or are there any recommendations for good/careful tyre fitters in the Central London area?

Any advice appreciated!

2 hours!?! I'd say and hour tops to put pre supplied new rubber on and balance. Only issue you have is these fitters make a bit of money from the sale of the tyres too. hence I always take the whole package .. supply the required tyres and fit.

I use my local Porsche Centre. They are used to being careful not to damage customers expensive wheels, they use colour coded balancing weights and clean off the tyre soap after fitting.

Use Tyre Point , Maidstone. Mark and his team really know what they are doing when it comes to high end cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back