Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tyre choice

c2cabblack

Hi,

i am having to replace my existing 2 x rear tyres at the moment i have michelin pilot sports all round, but am thinking about changing to pirreli as there seem to be some better deals on them.

Is one tyre better than the other? what would people recommend?

Also if i was to put pirreli tyres on the back and keep my existing pilot sports on the front would this be ok or effect handling?

thanks in advance.

N-rated Pirelli Asimmetrico P-zero are astonishingly bad compared to the N-rated Michelin Pilot Sport2.

Really.

Don't do it.

Ah. I have done hours of research on this , i am going from n1 rosso's to the super sports.
hope they are as good as the hype. £950 for a full set for the turbo fitted in the local tyre dealer, but i am planing to price match at opc if they will.

I've had and like both Pirelli P Zeros and Michelin Sports.

Porsche put Pirellis on new cars, don't they?

I'm on super sports, excellent tyres but I honestly couldn't compare them to pirellis or n2s as I haven't done any serious back to back tests.

Why I can say is the fact that they aren't n rated doesn't mean squat and I'm very glad I bought them from black circles :)

Had Pirellis in the past ......awful. Friends had some fitted on S4, RS4 R8 etc..... crap.
Michelin are the best.

For those running super sports, what size are you using? I can't find them for my 996.2, I looking for:

Front: 225 40 18
Rear: 285 30 18

I'm on 19in oz ultraleggera and o 295/30 and 235/35. Hit a kerb today nd the rim protector element of the tyre worked a treat not even the slightest graze on the alloy. I'll be sticking with these for a long time ;)

Running Continental contact 2 Not bad tyre for the money. Michelin are superior in grip and feedback even when pushed hard on track.

Running Continental contact 2 Not bad tyre for the money. Michelin are superior in grip and feedback even when pushed hard on track.

:yeah:

Agreed. Had Pirellis in the past and had to change because they were so bad. They also have a nasty tendancy for road noise when they wear.

I quite like Contis. I find their dry grip to be almost as good as michelins on the track once warmed up.

The best IMO are Michelin PS2's. Seem to be better wet or dry than anything else, including PS3's

quattrosteph said:

Me too - been happy with them, Agreed that Michelin are better - research I carried out did suggest you would get an extra few miles out of the Contis. Will find out I guess!

I managed to get all corners, and alignment for £820 from STS Tyre Pros.

Strange to see Pirelli P Zeros being given such bad feedback. I liked mine. In the dry - I don't push cars in the wet - they were like black glue. Admittedly, they went off after 8,000 miles, but they were good before then.

(And let me ask the question again. Don't Porsche put P Zeros on their new cars?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back