Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tyre advice

walt mcdermott

Lads,

Just done a deal with design 911 new set of 996 18" carrera alloys complete with new tyres and a new set of centre caps ballanced and delivered to my door for £995 including vat, ready to bolt onto my narrow body 993 c2 cab.

My question is the tyres are 18" Federal tyres. anyone had any experience of these tyres, I dont do trackdays with the car and only cover a couple of thousand miles a year at weekends and in dry weather,will i be safe enough with these things on?

The guys at design 911 told me they were good enough tyres, the compound was softer than pirreli etc so they will not last as long.

the tyre sizes are SS 225/40/18 WR and SS 265/35/18 WR which got me thinking to something i read earlier that tyres for a Porsche need to be ZR rated is this the case

just want to make sure these things will keep me on the road ok

regards Walt 993 c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67385

Walt

Federal tyres = a bit no and they are cheap for a reason, braking and handling performance would be below average compared to the main stock

they may be rubber but no a single euro performance car uses them, no racig pedgree, no nothing..... that's why they gave you a deal sub £1k

and they ain't Porsche N rated

still they are 4 tyre and it ain't like you car wil bounce off the road, but if you decide to sell you would have to change those tyres for proper Porsche rated spec...

IMHO of course !

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 67386

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mister kevlar
Back