Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo standard spec list?

Linda

Spa-Francorchamps
Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of what's standard on a 996 2001 Turbo please?

I have a pdf of the brochure, pm me your email address and I can send it for you.

Linda said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of what's standard on a 996 2001 Turbo please?

If you can, try and go for the facelift 2002 or 2003 models. From 2002, amongst other things, they came with a glovebox so you have a modicum of storage. Earlier than this and you will have to put your driver's manual and servicing booklet in the front luggage area for storage. For 2003, where specified, the PCM was a 16:9 widescreen version 2.0 instead of the previous 4:3 aspect ratio version 1.0.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
Linda said:

If you can, try and go for the facelift 2002 or 2003 models. From 2002, amongst other things, they came with a glovebox so you have a modicum of storage. Earlier than this and you will have to put your driver's manual and servicing booklet in the front luggage area for storage. For 2003, where specified, the PCM was a 16:9 widescreen version 2.0 instead of the previous 4:3 aspect ratio version 1.0.

~ Maxie

Thanks for the info :D

Also, just so you know, there are other major differences in the PCMs.

In the 2001 and 2002 you have PCM1 which uses standard wiring and can be replaced. You can plug in a wire to swap a CD changer for an iPod but it is basic.

2003 on is PCM2 which uses fibre optics and is very difficult to replace.

Just some limited extra info.

M

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back