Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo spoilers - yes or no?

neil1003

So what do you reckon? (on a non-Turbo that is, obviously):

1. Yep, love them, they really complete the look of the car, or;

2. Nope, hate them, they look like they belong in the 1980's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17467

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17468

1 also

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17469

deleted.jpg

A definite 2 from me (well I would say that, having removed the spoiler from my 3.2 !)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17478

No No no no no - I can't stand cars which are made up to look like something they're not. Clean lines all the way, a turbo spoiler is OK on a turbo, but thats it, in my view putting one on is no better than the charvers who put spoilers and side skirts on their BMW 318, and de-badging it because they think it will look like an M3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17479

I agree with Adom - its not a turbo so don't try and make it look like one

Percy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17481

2 for me

Grew up loving it. Maturity has set in, and I think it looks like a slightly poor showing, but that's as I talk out of the side of my mouth with pipe showing, leather patches on arms and whippets running round t' ankles!

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17482

OK, 4-2 in favour of "no thanks" at the moment.

Me? mmm, difficult, hence the question. Was initially well against them, but they are s l o w l y growing on me, but still probably a "no".

Always been a fan of clean lines myself, so if I have to vote it would be "no".

So that's 5-2! Any more voters out there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17483

oops, wrote my post as Andy was writing his. So that's now 6-2 in favour of "option 2".

Looks like they are picnic tables / 80's throwback / chav-chariot material after all (only joking folks!).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17484

2 for me. Different story if you had a wide body car C2s or 4s with a turbo rear spoiler though. Narrow body cars with turbo spoilers look a bit odd IMO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17485

2 - my view is : no Turbo then no Turbo Spoiler

I like the smooth lines and agree about narrow bodied cars with spoilers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17487

Just to muddy the waters a little. Having ditched the whaletail on the 3.2 I have been thinking about replacing it with a '73 RS style 'duck tail'. I would not wish to pass my car off as a '73 RS, (not that there's anything wrong with RS replicas) but the duck tail would offer some aerodynamic benefit in a rather more subtle and aesthetically pleasing way than the whaletail.

Comments / thoughts welcome .......

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17488

mmmm I like the duck tail on the RS..... and agree with your thinking but I have only seen it on a RS and in white so not sure about that one ???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17489

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back