Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Look II solid spoke standard?

Ranfurly66

Hi

Just checked the alloys and felt behind the spokes to find strengthening ribs rather than a smooth spoke.

I believe that makes the wheels turbo look II rather than turbo II hollow spokes. Not knowing the full history of the car but can either assume that it came with these as a standard option or a PO has for some reason (damage?) swapped the wheels for after market turbo look II.

Anyone know if they came as standard from the factory. My car doesn't have a huge option list and am wondering if hollows were an option not ticked.....?

It is a 2001 996 Turbo.

Cheers :?:

Thanks. Riddle solved. Does anyone know if there is much of a weight difference? .... Now trying not to suffer an inferiority complex... :sad:

Depending which widths you have, but as a guide:

8J18 = 9.65KG vs 11.9KG
11J18 = 11.9KG vs 14.5KG

Thanks GT4 more than I thought. This may start a wheel 'issue' and a search for a replacement set, though I do like the Turbo II style and they are in mint condition and intend to keep it looking OEM.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back