Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TT oil cooler - is this normal?

tim993

Zandvoort
I have noticed there is an oil cooler mounted behind the front n/s grill in the bumper of my TT. It is fed by thick rubber pipes that run straight along the front, behind the grills and then snake up and disappear behind the sideways mounted oil cooler at o/s front. For some reason i thought there was only the one oil cooler (the latter one) on the TT - so finding another was not what i expected. Any thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118430

The additional oil cooler makes up part of the power upgrade kits, 430bhp and 450bhp. Have a look at the options and paperwork on your car. Sometimes they have been retro fitted by previous owners, as is the case with my car.

The ECU is also changed along with the fitting of the oil cooler for the 430 and 450 kit, if you have the 450 version you will have the larger turbos and the twin pipe exhaust tips come with this also.

Always a nice find!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118443

Hi perry - thanks for the reply.

There's nothing in the paperwork or options list that suggests this, but the single exhaust tips are the sports tailpipe set 993 111 981/2 00, rather than the standard items. When i bought the car they did not mention that it was anything other than a standard car - plus there is nothing 'interesting' on the bonnet sticker. Are you sure this oil cooler is not just standard kit?

Here's a couple of pics:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/OilCoolerTT1.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/OilCoolerTT2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118484

Hi Tim,

I've scanned the page from the 993 tequipment brochure, the stainless tail pipes are part of the 430 kit also, the only way to really check is to take a look at the part number on the ECU. Think the part number is 993 618 681 85, if you don't have the drive block, 993 618 682 85 if you do.

enjoy....

teq004.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118521

Yee ha!!!!!!! She's got the 430hp upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :) :D

I just checked the ECU (thanks perry!!) and it's labelled:

993 618 681 85

06 0198 20.12.96

I guess the latter is the date it was made or fitted - some 16 months or so after the car was 1st registered. Maybe the big oval exhaust ends went on at the same time.

I'm sure this was not noted by the dealer, as they had a 430hp car in at the time as well, which was listed as such. Maybe they only focus on the options listed on the bonnet sticker?

What an unexpected surprise for a Sunday evening :D

(perry - thanks also for posting that page from the catalogue)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118585

result !

great info there Perry !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118590

your welcome.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118772

Tim993,

noticed a slight mod to your signature!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118776

didn't think anyone would notice perry... :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118833

We need to stick together, safety in numbers, what with all this talk of smtk selling his TT!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119734

agreed perry, mines a keeper - i shall not desert my fellow 993 comrades

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120114

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back