Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track Day Insurance? Yes or run the risk?

mike keech

Trainee
Thinking about my first track day at Bedford and was wondering if I need get special Insurance or just run the risk?..also do your tires get wasted after 1 session?

Thanks!

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32523

Thats a mighty big risk. I know I'm not covered and when I do venture into tracking Insurance will be a must. Surely its not that expensive to bolt-on cover for each track event you participate?

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32526

I have my own 'no crashing' policy :?

although it ain't me I'm worried about, it's that spotty chave in the other car flying into the braking zone in a MK1 Golf, so I stick (& pay a bit extra) to Porsche / Super Car Performance days only

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32531

Mike, call your Insurance co, they might cover you, alternatively PM Sean Dudding, he knows a man who can arrange bolt on cover but it aint cheap about £100 a pop.

I used to have trackday cover on my old Insurance policy but the premium doubled so I am now with Peart, not sure if I have cover still.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32535

I use classic Line Insurance and they charge £100 a pop for track day cover (RMA only days, possibly a few others as well). £100 a go IS cheap. How can you say it isn't? Fuel costs over £100, tyres £100, brakes £100, instruction (recommended if you want to actually learn something from the day) £200, track day £200.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32548

Its a gamble isn't it?

but can you stand the cost of a result like this?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_1244ss.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32549

Mike

I used
Competition Car Insurance / THB Egger Lawson Ltd

0115 941 5255
[/b:NijMbiqY7q]

The cost was £69. I was running a £6K 944 at that point.
They are incredibly helpful. For a variety of reasons I took the cover out at the last minute and they e-mailed relevant Documentation through.
For this amount you can't really not afford to. Well thats my opinion.
As has been said it may not be you its the other "person" in a £200 track day car they don't really care about!!!
I did my first track day at Silverstone with PCGB. It was all Porsches and we all wanted to take our cars home tooooo... so it was a great day. Well organised, fun and I'll do another at some point.
I thought I knew driving lines!! Apex's, when to break, when to accelerate, lines, etc. I think I got ONE corner right that day!! Such is life!!
Photo to follow when I suss it out!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I look like I'm leading the pack here !! but holding everyone up would probably be more apt!
ohhhhh and 40MPH around some bends was right on the limit which surprised me!
Anyways have fun!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32570

ps. If you manage to trash a set of tyres brakes et al then you will be giving it some SERIOUS driving!!!

I pushed reasonably hard all day and drove home had the car looked over the next day and there was no change!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32571

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ACEparts on 18 August 2005

I use classic Line Insurance and they charge £100 a pop for track day cover (RMA only days, possibly a few others as well). £100 a go IS cheap. How can you say it isn't? Fuel costs over £100, tyres £100, brakes £100, instruction (recommended if you want to actually learn something from the day) £200, track day £200.
£100 is cheap assuming you can get the cover... and the right level of cover.. from what I have seen such cover included in Insurance policy's are for the more 'organised' days only that are at a much lower risk and at higher prices...

not sure where you get your numbers from but for those of us on a budget, RMA days are a bit pricey after that the £250 membership fee ! Fuel would only be a tank, instruction is from free to £50, so who do you get for £200 !

Sure if I had the money I'll pay the full wack to RMA for the entire season and there would be tail happy track day car on the back of the trailer....

track days need to be taken seriously but they don't cost 'that' much.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32583

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back