Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracing history R33 SPW: AAZ 95: 8 KAT: R151 CMV: H15 CKA:

Trantorman

I am looking to retrace the history of a Black 1997 TT it was Cat D damaged in January 2005 at the time is seems to have been registered as either R33 SPW or H15 CKA Then following repair went back to its R33 SPW then moved on to 8 KAT, then on to AAZ 95.

From what I can see the plates it has worn look like this

R151 CMV Changed 11/12/2001
R33 SPW Changed 14/04/2003
H15 CKA Changed 27/06/2003
R33 SPW Changed 27/07/2005
8 KAT Changed 20/09/2005
R33 SPW Changed 29/06/2010
AAZ 95 changed 18/01/2012

Does any one have any of the cars history on this car?

Pm if you do.

Amazing no one on here Knows anything about this car, does anyone have any good ideas on tracing history, I have tried all the obvious sources?

Thanks

What kind of history are your after?
MOT details can all be found on line so that may give some comfort as to the mileage over the last 6 years.

Have you bought the car?

I suppose the issue here is it is Cat D as I know of no enthusiast who would buy one AND promote it through the forums. Only way would be to trace back through series of owners. Some say you can access previous owners through DVLA for a fee but never tried it.

Cat C/D have a bad reputation when in reality it can be something minor in terms of repair. Most dismiss outright. For me if it was a price that reflected its status, I knew what the damage was and accepted it would be a very difficult car to move on when the time came I'd go for one.

I own the car, bought with no concerns over the Cat D element. It presents very well has some sensible upgrades, I have owned a Number of Turbos, and for me its about condition now not 8 years ago, far too many people run a mile from Cat C or D cars, understand what there issues are, understand the repairs and make a balanced view on how they present today and what's been done in the recent times service wise.
They can be a good buy, if you take your time and go in with your eyes open.

I have all the MOT information and I am waiting on the details for past owners from DVLA.

I am just amazed that no one on here knows the car, given its clearly been loved and had strong sensible money spent on it since 2005, most of which is fully receipted.

I would like to have secured information pre 2005 and afterwards to find out who did the work, which was actually very minor to repair it.

If I cant get more information, its not a problem I will just keep enjoying the car.

Trantorman said:
Amazing no one on here Knows anything about this car, does anyone have any good ideas on tracing history, I have tried all the obvious sources?

Thanks

You seem to have been amazed twice, however there were a total of 277 993 Turbo's sold in the UK from 1995 to 1998 and a further 23 Turbo S's in 1998.

1995 = 83
1996 = 89
1997 = 74
1998 = 31

that's a lot of 911 [993] Turbo's :judge:

Given It's registered in Sept 1997 it narrows it down a bit and had plenty of option on it when delivered.

Trantorman said:
Given It's registered in Sept 1997 it narrows it down a bit and had plenty of option on it when delivered.

not really, since quite a few Turbo's had a many options on them, so that's still 1 out of 277 :roll:

and most likely the 1st 6-8 years of a 993's life would have most likely been in the OPC network

one out of 105 its a 97 car.

But I get your point....

But out of that number who had a prang in 2005 with there "Pride and Joy" then in 2006 who bought a Damaged 993 tt and you start to reduce the numbers and hopefully increase the chances of finding one of the later owners and hence some more of its history?

Trantorman said:
I am just amazed that no one on here knows the car, given its clearly been loved and had strong sensible money spent on it since 2005, most of which is fully receipted.

I'm honestly not sure why you are surprised?

You have to understand that the vast majority of car owners/enthusiasts have absolutely no interest whatsoever in posting on Internet forums, going to shows/meetings, or joining owners clubs of any kind.

It is therefore more than likely that this car you are reffering to has never been 'known' to anyone other than the various owners themselves, and possibly a handful of garages doing the servicing and repairs.

My current 993 has clearly been owned by an 'enthusiast' for a good few years before I got it, as it came with the biggest history file I have ever seen, complete with invoices for all sorts of modifications and maintenance, photographs, Porsche Magazines, even membership cards for Porsche club GB and photocopies of every V5 that the car has ever had showing the names and addresses of every owner from new.

But despite all this, when it came to searching the Internet for past history, the car was a ghost. It had simply never had a single photograph or any owner post anything on the internet about it at all.

I would think that was the norm for most cars?

Ninja makes good points regarding the interest, or rather the lack of interest, that some have with car forums.
Having said that, OP have you tried TIPEC and PCGB? Try writing to Reading, or any OPC you can think of (very long shot I know) quoting the VIN rather than a changeable number plate.

Ninja, how many Arena Red 993 owners in Cumbria are there whose parents have the initials D and M? If that is your Mum and Dad then "hello, how are you?" if not sorry for the confusion.

pzero said:
Ninja, how many Arena Red 993 owners in Cumbria are there whose parents have the initials D and M? If that is your Mum and Dad then "hello, how are you?" if not sorry for the confusion.

Hello 'M' :thumb:

Yes it's me, my parents say hello!

How's things with you? Love the GTS!

NinjaPower said:
pzero said:

Hello 'M' :thumb:

Yes it's me, my parents say hello!

How's things with you? Love the GTS!

PM sent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back