Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Took the plunge on the zunsport grills

Nattyboy

Nurburgring
Arrived thd day after ordering - very professional packaging/instructions. Will post up a pic post fitting. Quality looks great and a lifetime warranty can't be sniffed at !

Incidentally, I have a card/voucher card which gives a friend a 15% discount - drop me a PM if you'd like to use it.

562E50E6-C3F4-413E-89A9-F67EE5D7F076-819-0000009B0DDA5D4C_zpsa78bb755.jpg

Cheers
Nat

PM'd :)

When you come to fitting them, you'll find that you have to bend the grills quite a bit to get them to pop into position, but don't worry about it because they will definitely go back in again. I've fitted a couple of these now and it was a bit nerve racking the first time, especially drilling the bumper, but they definitely do the job very nicely.

Nice one! I could do with them on my car.
Look forward to seeing the pictures post fitting.

Actually how are they fitted? do you need to take the front bumper off?

You don't have to, but drilling it is a millionty times easier with the bumper off so I definitely always would. Good time to clean the rads out too before you fit your shiny new grills ;)

That was a big draw for me - the fact that I didn't have to remove the pu. My rad area should be pretty clean as its just had two new ones - will let you know how I get on !

I would definitely recommend you do remove it bud, unless you have double-jointed arms for drilling the holes as it's a right pig to get the correct angle for the pins to slot into otherwise.

It's not impossible, but I felt more comfortable removing it as it meant I could take my time and get it spot-on. It also wasn't on my car so that was a double reason not to screw it up! :grin:

How difficult is it to remove the bumper?

Bumper off it night be then - keeps me away from the wife and kids for another hour and would consequently require a second bottle of beer to finish the job properly - what's not to like ? :lol:

They are of high quality. Am very happy with my set, which were fitted almost exactly one year ago. Also, mine were installed without removing the bumper and without drilling any holes, and the grilles are firmly in place using the metal joints!

NS80 said:
They are of high quality. Am very happy with my set, which were fitted almost exactly one year ago. Also, mine were installed without removing the bumper and without drilling any holes, and the grilles are firmly in place using the metal joints!

Any pictures? :thumb:

Sooooo, they can be fitted without drilling, and just snap into place?

:eek: That means those little metal tags are digging right into the bumper! It's going to muller it like that, especially if they slip (which fair enough I'm assuming they haven't so far), might as well drill it to make sure that doesn't happen.

IMHO, of course.

Tis done !

Quote from wife "you couldn't wait could you - you're like a child"

Lol!

Anyway..fairly straightforward. My tools of choice were;

Dremel - easier than large drill
Daughters chewed up pencil
Masking tape
Bradawl
Cold Bottle of heineken for courage
Dog to shout at when it goes wrong

36F0133D-7F66-4A99-90FB-859F977C484B-167-00000019923CB0E6_zps21545bbb.jpg

Great tip from ekona - don't be afraid to bend/bow the grills before as they bend back with ease. It can be tricky otherwise. Also the plastic is quite soft so mark a hole with a bradawl first to avoid the drill slipping.

List the light so will post a pic when I've cleaned it the weekend but quick before and after shots of corner grill..

E7B60140-713C-4E4E-B725-2A8D2FF4513C-167-0000001981295E2C_zps6636fae3.jpg

14767486-ECCC-489A-AB03-97544837E56E-167-00000019ABE894DC_zpsdd56f8f8.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back