Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Too lazy.....

Joe Ross

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a valet service in the Bath/Bristol area that could Zymol my 996 for me. I don't have a garage to do it in, would this cause a major problem?

Thanks

Joe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27279

Try
www.parcferme.co.uk
- not too far away from you.

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27394

Thanks for that, I emailed them and got the following:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Zymol for your Porsche 911.
We can travel to
Bath
, and the cost would be £225.00 exterior only interior £65.00 and Klay bar treatment £70.00 (if required)
Plus vat. You will receive a complimentary road valet (hovered, tyres, windows etc) worth £30.00.

Does this seem OK ? From what I've read about the work involved it does to me. What is Klay bar ?

Thanks

Joe

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27459

Told you I was lazy, have just seen the Klay bar post about 6 down....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27460

Joe,

I have just had my car valeted today. The guy arrived at 0830am and left at 7 30pm. The work carried out included interior (wash carpets and seats and then apply liquid leather as I requested), exterior (which included wash, klay,cleanse, pre wax and then wax), wheels and exhaust tail pipes :)
at approx. half what you have been quoted.

Fantastic job and I am picky as I usually do all this myself but have not had the time recently.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27501

Forgot to add some pictures of the car as work was being done. At this point no wax had been applied as yet. Will post some pictures of the final result tomorrow as I was running out of light

5bc53778.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

fe5b980c.jpg

Web link

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27505

If done properly, which I believe Parc Ferme would, there is a lot of work involved, and what you've been quoted seems like a fair price ifor a day's skilled work in this day and age... The klay bar involves rubbing small sections of paint in turn with a piece of special clay and lube. Brings the paint up like new, but takes hrs. Only neessary with non-new paint. Does seem top money though...

I knew nothing about Zymol before I started, but with 30 mins instruction and a bit of practice learned to use everything and really enjoy prepping a car now. There are plenty of guys on this site who could advise you- feel free to quiz me or others. I know you claim to be lazy, but its a great one day's work... and for less or same money you get pots of zymol which you can use over and over... Your choice!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27507

Stunning finish William-like new- (nice exhausts BTW!)

Regards

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27508

Thanks Robert, but the car looks even better after the wax went on. Will be taking some pictures in the daylight tomorrow and will post them on here.

The exhausts are great :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27509

Hey Will

Fantastic looking shine you have there 8)
, does your guy come to north west lonodn?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27511

There also John Drake down in Lymington Dorset, He's mobile also

http://www.johnswax.co.uk/

01590 645623 really Nice Guy and very thorough

and also Paul at Miracle detail , he's so incredibly passionate about his job its unbelievable

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27512

As promised some pics after the wax

7ff4f581.jpg

2f69ac3b.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27527

Thanks for all the help.

William, do you have the contact no. for your guy ?

Joe

p.s will post before and after photos when i get it done.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27559

Joe,

Am in the office so do not have Dave's phone number with me, however if you go to
www.porschaforum.com
and find the user name jac-in-a-box, you can PM him

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27563

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back