Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tom toms

Waz

Guys last year we had Tom toms which were kindly programmed by cunno. Unfortunately cunno can't make this trip so, which one of you brainy feccers knows how to do it :?: :pc:

Not me..!! I just follow the muppet in front :D

I'm sure Jon could help again with a small gesture of gratitude from the rest of us? I'm hoping to pick up a new tomtom rider as my current one is going a bit senile with old age :eek:ld:

chimp911 said:
I'm sure Jon could help again with a small gesture of gratitude from the rest of us? I'm hoping to pick up a new tomtom rider as my current one is going a bit senile with old age :eek:ld:

More than happy to help, what did you guys do for Scotland :?:

Also I'll program each day to end at nearest police station to help save time :cop:

Thanks Jon.
In Scotland there was only one road even Gurpal didn't get lost :grin:

Cunno said:
Also I'll program each day to end at nearest police station to help save time :cop:

:floor: :oops:

Cheers, much appreciated :thumb:

Cunno said:
More than happy to help, what did you guys do for Scotland.

I assumed you did it. Did you cash the cheque?

:)

Cunno said:

Cheers.

:sad:

Guys i have routes made already for all days and will hand them put when I get home.

jackal2513 said:
Guys i have routes made already for all days and will hand them put when I get home.

Any updates bud

I have a sat nav with full euro mapping(not tom-tom) but it's an accurate little unit(famous last words) .

Last year Jon created itinerary files for tomtom and garmin navs and I think we all had at least one European nav device - I had 2 but it still didn't stop me from taking everyone the wrong way down a 20km tunnel :oops: :pc:

wizard993 said:
I have a sat nav with full euro mapping(not tom-tom) but it's an accurate little unit(famous last words) .

You need to beg, borrow or steal a Tom Tom as well.

That way we all have the same waypoints, and the chance of getting lost are lower (G-Man excepted, obviously).

It's not just a matter of going from A to B, as there are specific roads and stuff that Jackal has planned for us, so each day has 10 to 15 waypoints in each itinerary.

Plus, this year Jackal will have learnt, so the waypoints wont be down a cul-de-sac, down a railway line, or in a quarry!

:)

These maps could do with sorting out fairly soon with only 5 weeks to go. It'll take a couple of weeks to get all the points together then another two months for us all to programme into our Nav systems.

I've got two Euro Garmins and one old Tomtom (that won't have waypoints option), also got two Nokia's with euro maps. This may still not get me on the correct route.

I wouldn't build your hopes up, last years's trip finished nearly 12 months ago and I'm still waiting for directions to Reims.. :dont know:

Reims was great some really good photo oportunity's pitty you were doing a Gurpal :grin:

That sounds like a room 20 statement but you know what I mean :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back