Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tip transmission fluid leak...

Lig

Spa-Francorchamps
Mornin' all,

So i have a transmission fluid leak. Is there a way of checking the gearbox fluid level?

I Cant find history of when the fluid was changed last so maybe its just a case of getting a gearbox fluid change / service as it could be the drain plug or something that is leaking? (hopefully) :?

Cheers,
Lig.

Lig said:
Mornin' all,

So i have a transmission fluid leak. Is there a way of checking the gearbox fluid level?

I Cant find history of when the fluid was changed last so maybe its just a case of getting a gearbox fluid change / service as it could be the drain plug or something that is leaking? (hopefully) :?

Cheers,
Lig.

Hi Lig,

Do you know where the leak is coming from? get under the car and remove the plastic cover so you can have a good look around the tip box. If you are going to go for an oil change you should also look at a filter change too, if it hasn't been done for a while. Porsche recommend every 40000 Km to change the filter. I'm attaching a couple of write ups on the oil and filter change procedure which hopefully you'll find useful.

ATB :)

Attachments

• atf_filling_x_ren_list_127.doc
    80 KB · Views: 60
  • atf_fluid_change_133.doc
    31 KB · Views: 59
Hi Decgraham,

I cant really see where its coming from, its just a clear pinky kind of fluid. It seems to be coming from high up the box?

My garage wasn't overly concerned but thought there would be a way to check the level?

I will pass this info onto them when it goes back in.

Many thanks,
Lig.

Lig said:
Hi Decgraham,

I cant really see where its coming from, its just a clear pinky kind of fluid. It seems to be coming from high up the box?

My garage wasn't overly concerned but thought there would be a way to check the level?

I will pass this info onto them when it goes back in.

Many thanks,
Lig.

Hi Lig,

To check the level you need to get under the car with the engine running, you will see the level indicator on the RHS of the tip box ( see attached item 10) Other areas to check would be the pipes for the cooling lines (see attached) If you have down loaded the workshop manual go to pages 48, 49 and 50 it gives you all the info regarding the level indicator etc. If you haven't got the manual you can go to one of jonttt post and he has put a link to the manual along with a load of other useful links to other info.

ATB :)

Attachments

• tip_oil_cooler_503.jpg
    tip_oil_cooler_503.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • tip_filler_item_10_538.jpg
    tip_filler_item_10_538.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,274

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members