Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to reflect

bobi61

Silverstone
Hi guys i sold my 997.1 C2S around 3 months ago,, my hip was in need of replacement and was not enjoying ownership at all. I have now got a really comfortable AUDI S3 ( 8V ) whatever that means, and i would just like to share a few things,,,

Stepping out of the AUDI will never be like getting out of the Porsche and looking back at it with love

The S3 is quick VERY quick but it does not feel at all safe,, i feel like i am hanging on to it at speed.

When i get my hip done end April i will use the thought of trying to get another 911 as a spur to get better quickly.

The AUDI form is not a patch on 991UK and i miss all the help and comradery that is offered on this board

As Arnold Swafega said il be back !!!

Good luck with the hip op. I had mine done 4 years ago and now don't even give it a second thought. Best thing I did and prior to that found getting in and out of a normal sized car painful never mind a sports car. Easy as pie now. Just make sure you do all the post op exercises the physio gives you and you'll be fine. I stayed awake during my operation. Hearing the hammer on metal was....interesting :-|

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back