Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of selling up...

Wibbler

For various reasons, my 997.2 might have to go. Mainly because it is an expensive driveway piece of art (i.e. A weekend car). It's a 997.2 C2 PDK fairly standard spec, basalt with stone grey and the all important paddle shifts and the balance of an OPC warranty until Oct this year. Looking at the other PDK C2, I was thinking 35. Too steep?

And what a fine piece of art it is too. My 997 is also a weekend car and sometimes it's not driven for months at a time. But always it gives me visual pleasure when I see it in my garage. Hang on to it if you can, otherwise I believe you are pricing to sell.

~ Maxie :thumb:

I know Maxie, but I'm doing loads of miles in a crap commute car now and no miles in the 911 so was thinking that a diesel Cayenne or RR Sport makes more sense given that I need the hatch for a dog.

You think 35 is priced to sell or that I should price more aggressively to sell?

Wibbler said:
You think 35 is priced to sell or that I should price more aggressively to sell?

I guess at OPCs they will be asking nearer £40k for a similar car?

~ Maxie :?:

Yup, cheapest OPC car I saw was 39995. It is a great car, I gave it a good run tonight. But for the time I get I think I need to reconsider.

You all need to drive your cars more!

A 911 is for life, not just for Christmas!

:judge:

:thumb:

I know, but dog plus 20k business miles is a tough 911 combination and I can't justify a garage queen of that value!

No, understand completely, I started off doing business miles in the GT3 (... that sounds really wacky when I say it now...) and then ended up buying a daily smoke for the boring miles. The GT3 gets used every weekend without fail though...

Have you considered other options to selling up and buying an SUV? E.g. Keep the 911 and buy a cheap hatchback to run alongside.... (which is what I do). Then you could split the mileage - 15k in the smoker and 5k in the 911... Pretty much what I do (although my mileage is about half your levels)!

I can highly recommend a Range Rover Sport however when you look at the price of buying a decent lowish mileage example and putting 20k business miles per annum, coupled with depreciation/servicing/tyres costs which will not be cheap, having a tatty daily commute car and a pristine Porsche for weekend use is not so bad.

One thing I would advise is to buy one with LR warranty. Mine required the anti roll bar bushes to be replaced at 20k & 40k miles, and the air suspension failed on one side which would have cost £650 if it wasn't for warranty. Tyres were £250 each and my service bill was approx £600 with no extras. I had the intention of using this for my dog but I became so obsessed with keeping it immaculate I never used it.

Roro said:
Have you considered other options to selling up and buying an SUV? E.g. Keep the 911 and buy a cheap hatchback to run alongside.... (which is what I do). Then you could split the mileage - 15k in the smoker and 5k in the 911...

That is what I do but I do so many hours in the smoker and so few in the 911 that I miss my luxuries.

I think a RRSport is top of the list righ now.[/quote]

I watched Madagascar this evening (due to the curse of pancakes and 6 year olds), and for some reason thought of you:

Marty_the_Zebra.gif

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back