Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

They're catching up!!

Oops tried to be funny - no point explaining :?

GT4 said:
1) Mods can't sticky (only SD)
2) Editing posts does not reset post date (and hence won't promote in latest posts rank)
3) I have posted dozens of FAQs between 964, 993, 996, 997, 991 and GT3/RS and how ever many times I point people towards the FAQs sub forum or those specific posts, it never gets traction: RTFM all over again (we should just have one half page SEARCH button :?:
4) Post count low: does not compute :?

It's a shame it's not possible to have a Tag Cloud associated with each forum. That way users could just click through the most popular subjects.

tim993 said:
Oops tried to be funny - no point explaining :?

I know (1 to 3 were laid down for the punch line of 4 :grin: )

To be fair ..
It did occur to me recently that this forum was moving a lot slower with less posts and threads than in the past ..
Folks too content with their 993's :?:

I've done all the mods I needed to do :dont know:

ballcock said:
To be fair ..
It did occur to me recently that this forum was moving a lot slower with less posts and threads than in the past ..
Folks too content with their 993's :?:

Nah, too many insomia inducing threads! :D

What we need is a thread that promote in depth analysis, discussion and, ideally, controversy.

That should fix it.

Goose said:
What we need is a thread that promote in depth analysis, discussion and, ideally, controversy.

That should fix it.

Changing the subject, can anyone recommend the best oil to put in my 993? :?:

I've just noticed that they are within 3,000 posts. :eek:

This is getting serious!!!

I've just noticed that they are within 3,000 posts. :eek:

This is getting serious!!!

996 Posts 126400 / Topics 12,685 = 9.96 posts/topic
993 Posts 129400 / Topics 9,181 = 14.09 posts/topic

They may be closing the gap on posts.

But we clearly debate topics in a far greater depth.

or do we just BS to a far greater level.

Edit: Just realised the post per topic for the 996 forum... 9.96... ooouuuuu

What we need is for some of those lurking newbies out there who visit the site ten times a day to catch up on the banter, expand their knowledge and consume all the immensely helpful and practical advise doled out on a regular basis by you old timers to actually get stuck in and -errrrr. Ahhhh. That'd be me then...

See, I would post a 'Yoo hoo! Hiya!" but where do you start? I need photos and words and stuff. And my car's always dirty (sorry, I bought mine to drive it to work and shops and stuff. I know that's a bit controversial, especially as it's been a bit rainy of late). I'm still working out how best to wash the thing, never mind sorting out sticky ISVs. I did buy some new wipers though! Not put them on yet, big scaredy cat. And had a baby just after I bought this (well, Mrs did, I'm a Mr, as you can see from my name). But I'm not very technical. I've only just worked out how to open the engine lid thing, let alone work out what all that stuff under there actually does. Make it go fast, I guess.

Seriously though - great forum, I've found you lot invaluable in my search/buy/early teething problems and I for one regularly search the archive to find help (which is probably why I've not posted as yet. Oil guage weirdness anyone?!)

So that's one more post. Every little helps!

And I promise to say hello properly soon. I'll then retire. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoxsterBE2024
Back