Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The underdogs of F1

wizard993

Well-known member
Joined
23 Jan 2008
Messages
11,981
http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail/abu-dhabi-gp/vijays-vision-spanish-gp

It will be interesting to see how the FI goes this weekend. If the drivers are again fighting well up inside the top 10 then IMO, they will have a good car platform for the rest of the season, to allow them to perform more giant killing.

Sutil and/or PDR may get a few podiums and that would be great to see :thumb:
 
Always good to see the smaller teams get a good result :thumb:

Not looking so good for Williams though :sad:

And hope the Mac Lads have a good w/e to get their season back on track :thumbs:
 
Vic said:
Always good to see the smaller teams get a good result :thumb:

Not looking so good for Williams though :sad:

And hope the Mac Lads have a good w/e to get their season back on track :thumbs:

Williams are in real trouble. The car, the drivers the techies. Nothing appears to be working for them.

A few season of this decline and I can see them withdrawing from F1.

I'd like to see Hamilton get a few big results/wins over the next 6 GP's but I fear JB will be waiting a while for his next big result.
 
wizard993 said:
[
Williams are in real trouble. The car, the drivers the techies. Nothing appears to be working for them.

A few season of this decline and I can see them withdrawing from F1.

It's a shame after such a promising 2012...really hope they get it sorted; F1 needs them!!
 
I can't see Williams F1 GP ever withdrawing from the sport, they have too much invested as well as heritage in the sport to walk away.

James Allison has left Lotus for an unnamed competitor. I just hope that competitor is Williams F1 GP. They seem to be a bit weak on the technical front and Toto Wolff must have realised this before he left for Mercedes as he had been in discussions with Paddy Lowe about joining Williams in a Senior Management role.
 
Love to see PDR on that podium :)

He's steadily improved, as has the team and it would be a good return for them. 2013 is shaping up to be a hell of an interesting season!

Chris
 
deutschland-dobson said:
Love to see PDR on that podium :)

He's steadily improved, as has the team and it would be a good return for them. 2013 is shaping up to be a hell of an interesting season!

Chris

FI need to get on the podium !

Although back to Europe and then we'll see who is really quick.

Still it's turning into another great season of motor racing :)
 
I must say I am enjoying the season! For me the highlights so far:

Mercedes in with a fighting chance, Hamilton still being quick

FI having the best season they have ever had, as is PDR who needs some perfomances to really secure a place in F1

Trouble in Bred Dull towers, surely Webber's last season alongside Vettel

Bring on the Barna GP.
 
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sta-as-he-eclipses-rest-of-brits-8613169.html

Some more giant killing/great driving at the weekend takes PDR up to 8th in the table in a mid-field car with hopefully more to come. FI have done a great job with its small budget, to eek out the max from the platform/chassis.

Had his DRS signalling/bleeping been working he probably would have had Rosberg also but the team had to tell him when to activate it over the radio, which lost him precious DRS duration.
 
wizard993 said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/force-is-with-paul-di-resta-as-he-eclipses-rest-of-brits-8613169.html

Some more giant killing/great driving at the weekend takes PDR up to 8th in the table in a mid-field car with hopefully more to come. FI have done a great job with its small budget, to eek out the max from the platform/chassis.

Had his DRS signalling/bleeping been working he probably would have had Rosberg also but the team had to tell him when to activate it over the radio, which lost him precious DRS duration.

he does seem to be doing the best out of the tyre situation
 
911UK said:
wizard993 said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/force-is-with-paul-di-resta-as-he-eclipses-rest-of-brits-8613169.html

Some more giant killing/great driving at the weekend takes PDR up to 8th in the table in a mid-field car with hopefully more to come. FI have done a great job with its small budget, to eek out the max from the platform/chassis.

Had his DRS signalling/bleeping been working he probably would have had Rosberg also but the team had to tell him when to activate it over the radio, which lost him precious DRS duration.

he does seem to be doing the best out of the tyre situation

...as are Kimi and Alonso :lol:

Mercedes are in tatters and it's weird how they can't do more than a few fast laps before any tyre they stick on goes off the boil.
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,065
Messages
1,436,841
Members
48,464
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back
Top