Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The rules

System

Monza
You know how there are 'rules' for cycling: https://www.velominati.com/

Are there rules for Porsche ownership?

1. Never leave the spoiler up

System said:
You know how there are 'rules' for cycling: https://www.velominati.com/

Are there rules for Porsche ownership?

1. Never leave the spoiler up
2...always point your wheel centre cap crests at the valve.

1. Never leave the spoiler up.
2. Always point your wheel centre cap crests at the valve.
3. Always wave at 911 owners, thumbs up to Boxster / Cayman owners and appreciative nods to owners of all classic models.

I was hoping this would be referencing the cycling rules but never believed it actually would be! Good work :thumb:

Getting waves from other Porker drivers is hard work but pleasurable no matter the result. Made harder by my being in the poor man's 986 no doubt.

Makes getting a response all the better when you do eventually get one!

VAG scene way more friendly in that respect.

Another rule, could be applied to all higher end marques though... one doesn't touch the window glass on getting in or out.

One doesn't apply weight on the bolster on alighting, one most certainly doesn't pivot on it.

I should say people with switchable exhausts need to run the car in both modes in order to keep up the ranges. Common issue! Learnt the hard way.

The rules are $h1t and the type of cyclists who take any notice are vain tw8ts who rely on other folks approval to get through life. Sad sad people.

Anyway, Morning! :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like them, it's only a bit of tongue in cheek fun and homage to the Pros. A lot of them make sense IMO.

Morning mate. Knew you'd bite. :grin:

Nah I do actually think they're a load of crap for posers but we all interpret things differently.
I just get sick of the pseudo TDFers flying through my village shouting at cars and things. Total bunch of knobs most of them and they wonder why motorists hate us.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. It's all good. :thumb:

Back on topic , the wheel centres is a great one. Must be done. 8)

3. Always wave at 911 owners, thumbs up to Boxster / Cayman owners and appreciative nods to owners of all classic models.
4. If you own a 993 make sure it has a wiper widget in place.

I'm crap at the rules and I've even left the spoiler up at the track in the pits instead of having it go up and down like a teenagers penis. Promotes cooling in my view.

I don't bother with the centre caps thing as I just haven't got around to it in the last 5 years or so. Even if I have a picture of my rear wheel as the background on the phone. Sorry. And it doesn't apply in the summer as I have aftermarket rims (God forbid).

I do wave at other Porsches, but not at Cayennes or big ones, unless they wave first. Which has never happened. I do wave at 911s from my other cars, which must be a bit confusing for those 911 drivers, as I am a bit forgetful (see item 2).

It's not a rule but I like to park next to other Porsches when I can. Especiall the Panamera as it makes it easier to find my car. This rarely happens. It's a big rule in the Mini community.

I also like to make it a rule to drop a gear and accelerate whenever I see small boys at the side of the road as it makes me smile to think I'm encouraging a new generation. Of course, they think I'm a complete berk (as do all the old biddies wagging an angry finger at me but there you go). By the way, they seem to have surprisingly good hearing when they want it.

And my final personal rule, never race. Nothing good will come of it, and we're all subject to the same limits except that my car's a lot more distinguishable to the rozzers than some Hyundai SUV eco-motion thingy.

^^^^^^^This guy knows his onions.

:lol:

5. never badge your car something its not ,but its ok to badge it something you have thought up.
6.never rag your car from a cold start always fully warm up first

:thumb: :thumb:
there are a number of personal ones but they mostly include cute ladies in short skirts and bacon :grin: :grin:

MaxA said:
I'm crap at the rules and I've even left the spoiler up at the track in the pits instead of having it go up and down like a teenagers penis. Promotes cooling in my view.

I don't bother with the centre caps thing as I just haven't got around to it in the last 5 years or so. Even if I have a picture of my rear wheel as the background on the phone. Sorry. And it doesn't apply in the summer as I have aftermarket rims (God forbid).

I do wave at other Porsches, but not at Cayennes or big ones, unless they wave first. Which has never happened. I do wave at 911s from my other cars, which must be a bit confusing for those 911 drivers, as I am a bit forgetful (see item 2).

It's not a rule but I like to park next to other Porsches when I can. Especiall the Panamera as it makes it easier to find my car. This rarely happens. It's a big rule in the Mini community.

I also like to make it a rule to drop a gear and accelerate whenever I see small boys at the side of the road as it makes me smile to think I'm encouraging a new generation. Of course, they think I'm a complete berk (as do all the old biddies wagging an angry finger at me but there you go). By the way, they seem to have surprisingly good hearing when they want it.

And my final personal rule, never race. Nothing good will come of it, and we're all subject to the same limits except that my car's a lot more distinguishable to the rozzers than some Hyundai SUV eco-motion thingy.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5. never badge your car something its not ,but its ok to badge it something you have thought up.
6.never rag your car from a cold start always fully warm up first
7. Always execute the bonnet opening in one swift movement - no fumbling about with the clasp fella!

Yes, I certainly don't adhere to the cycling 'rules'. I'm rather amused they even exist! I saw them on Pistonheads one day. Funny though.

I didn't even know about the valve cap / centre cap thing :eek: The not closing the door by the glass thing I can identify with. Frameless windows are a pain to adjust. Why can't people just use the door handle!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back