Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tesco 99 RON SUL

I saw that they were offering that- I wondered though if it would offer the same wizzy engine detergents etc that the majors do.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36375

probably not..

grat that's it available, but then for Tesco to go the full quality hog wouldn't be very tesco would it !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36401

It's even available at my local Tesco which is good, not sure whether I will use it or not though......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36404

No North/South divide there then! Not!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36428

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 October 2005
probably not..
grat that's it available, but then for Tesco to go the full quality hog wouldn't be very tesco would it !

I suspect it may be from very similar sources to the majors!!! So quality would not be an issue. Big though Tesco's are nobody will blend just for them. You would be surprised where you fuel comes from. I work in the refinery design/construction business...we are currently in the process of creating the biggest refining complex in the world. The product diesel, petrol & jet A1 is all destined for the US & Europe.....the location India...be worried about what your are putting in your car!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36450

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Simon Brewster on 26 October 2005
Some more info here:

http://www.greenergy.com/products/99_octane.html

And full specs here (they make no sense to me!):

http://www.greenergy.com/products/technical_product_info/product_specs/99_octane.pdf

doesn't look to be the cleanest fuel in the market...upper tolerances on sulphur looks high for a start....latest refineries & environmental standards are tighter.....but then we hardly drive environmentaly friendly cars!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36452

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by pneumatic on 26 October 2005

No North/South divide there then! Not!
...but some of them are even north of Watford :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36457

And if you shop at Tesco you get 5p per litre off....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36461

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 26 October 2005
And if you shop at Tesco you get 5p per litre off....

not if you value the doors on the Porsche....far too mant prospective dents......I'm lazy & use Tesco delivery service!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36463

Been using Tesco 99 for a while now, 3 tanks out of 4. Feels better than the Optimax tank(for the detergents - I fell for the maketing) and cheaper too. And yes 5p off (do the shopping in the wifes car - fill up mine with the coupon - bigger tank on the 993 so greater savings; well that logic works on her!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36464

I'm confused, (doesn't take much) with the mixed bag of comments above. With a Tesco opening 2 minutes away from me in 3 a fe weeks, are you boffins saying this is better than the Optimax i'm using now?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37958

Who can say for sure? I'm using it and find my car runs well on it. It's spec suggests it'll do the same job as Optimax. And it's 8p a litre cheaper than Optimax!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37959

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 26 October 2005

Previous poster said:
not if you value the doors on the Porsche....far too mant prospective dents......I'm lazy & use Tesco delivery service!!!!!!!
Do they deliver fuel too??!! :wink:

Why not use major brand cooking unleaded if you're not driving at 10/10ths round the track or the 'Ring? If SUL were any better it would deliver better fuel consumption for the same driving style. I've compared SUL with PUL pretty extensively and found no difference.

Might try the Tesco stuff and experiment again, though...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37970

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back