Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

terracotta

jeffrey benedyk

this is my first post. i have been looking for a 997 and have been offered a 2S in artic with terracotta leather! i am in two minds whether to pursue it or give it a miss. on the opc used car list there is only one with terracotta leather, is it that unpopular? your input would be most helpful

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61536

if you like it get it, not my first or second choice. black leather resells well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61537

Welcome to the forum,

If the colour floats your boat buy it.

However some may view it a little garish on resale, but hey if you can afford a 997 do you really care

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61540

Terracotta??? Isn't that Boxster Red??

Generally the lighter leathers & that would include terracotta are less popular. Personally I'd say don't worry what others think, if you like it, buy it. If they had an identical model in black leather then you should pay less for the terracotta one, if it's used. In fact even if it's new try some haggling to get the price down a little, if it's new then chances are the guy that ordered it didn't like the combination so Porsche may well have already pocketted the deposit so have room to manouvere. When you come to sell on it may be a little harder to shift and you may get a little less for it than one with black leather.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61541

Knock them down on price so you can, in part, offset the potential problems of selling it on in 3 years time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61544

my car has terracotta inteior, but only the top part - the carpets and lower door trim are black. I love the colour but dont think I could hack an entire interior in that colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61566

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by asim hassan on 31 May 2006

my car has terracotta inteior, but only the top part - the carpets and lower door trim are black. I love the colour but dont think I could hack an entire interior in that colour.
If it is too terrocatto, you could could get the OPC to change some bits to black to mix it up a bit. I'm sure they would do it for a sale!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61570

With everyone else here, if you like buy it. Life is too short to worry about what the next person might want.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61575

Here Here! If you like it but use the unusual colour choice to haggle on the price, then buy it. Most Porsche owners are individuals anyway so there's bound to be someone out there who will like it if and when you want to sell.

Silver on black is boring (ducking below parapet as we speak ...)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61609

My first 996 was black with full boxster red interior - I was looking for black or savanna at the time and wasn't at all convinced about the redness but they were in shortish supply at the time so I thought what the heck...surprising on two fronts, 1) ended up really liking the black / red combination (bit different and quite sporting - although haven't had red since mind) and 2) didn't have any problems reselling the car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61614

I was in OPC Reading this morning and 2 cars greet you. One a black 996 Turbo with savannah interior the other a silver 997C2, with what looked like a lighter form of savannah. Didn't really like the Turbo, but the 997 looked real good (did have the gT3 body kit on which may have helped). But I thought the savanna with silver would be the only combination I'd get silver with. Just strange that a lighter interiors are so unpopular they should have both cars with the light interiors.

The real problem with light interiors however is it showing the dirt. I have ivory coloured leather in the RRS & the problem is it starts to absorb the colour out of your jeans real easy, so you constanly need to clean, treat & protect them to kepp them looking good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61616

i luv my terracotta/black with seal grey exterior, makes a change from standard silver+black

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61629

Many thanks for your input. However, i received a call this morning as expected from the salesman at the 'bentley' dealership selling the car. He was trying to email me some photos to enable me to see what it actually looked like - but the call was just to say it has just been sold!!!!! perhaps terracotta is the new black? i guess i'll just have to keep looking................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61701

I have terracotta on my c2s cab.When I first saw it in the pictures I thought it was a little garish but terracotta does not photograph well at all and looks better 'in the flesh'.It is a colour which is either loved or hated,and from the feedback I have had over the last few months more people seem to love it than hate it.Im used to it now and must say it looks great with the roof down,and feels different.Ive had loads of cars with black leather,the grey leather can look cheap sometimes,and I really hate blue leather so I guess it suits me.Interestingly a lot of the publicity photos for the 997 turbo show the car in the artic silver/terracotta combination,and it was also a popular combination on the carrera gt.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61721

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jabman on 31 May 2006

Many thanks for your input. However, i received a call this morning as expected from the salesman at the 'bentley' dealership selling the car. He was trying to email me some photos to enable me to see what it actually looked like - but the call was just to say it has just been sold!!!!! perhaps terracotta is the new black? i guess i'll just have to keep looking................

Saw the car you were looking at in Bentley Manchester.It is the same spec as mine but not cabriolet

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61722

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back