Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tequipment 993 Steering Wheel diameter ?

wfarrell

Monza
Morning all,

Can anyone confirm the diameter of the Tequipment 3 or 4 spoke steering wheels -- are they less than the standard wheel's 375mm ?

Any info mucho appreciated - thanks.

Cheers, Will

I think the standard wheel is 380mm and RS wheel 360mm but not sure about the tech equipment one. I have posted the tequipment brochure in the faqs section under my docs thread and that may state the diameter ?

I have just fitted a 365mm and have a 340mm in another car and think the 360-365 is perfect for the 993.

Club Sport is 365mm

photo.JPG

Lovin' the Club Sport :thumbs:

I'll pop it in the post when I'm finished with it :puh:

Waits with anticipation :food:

Always thought the RS wheel looked a little "clumsy" (even a bit non-Porsche in a way):

CIMG3704.jpg

The club sport does look good and even a reduction in diameter from 380 stock to 365 feels much better. I was concerned a drop to 340mm or so with the 993s relatively heavy steering would be too much.

I wanted to retain an airbag though as my car will not be tracked so went for the raid option.

GT 4 is the porsche badge standard ? I've put a smaller badge on the raid but will source an OEM size one if it was standard.

Yes, and no.

It seems to depend on age.

OEM steering crests are officially available (see Pelican Parts link at the bottom).

But from my research, the Porsche 930S/"Formel" wheel (made by ATIWE) was originally supplied with an embossed crest on the boss/horn push (and hence in leather colour, not full colour).

When ATIWE originally sold the same steering wheel in parallel, for trademark reasons, the boss/horn push was blank.

But is seems later designs take a badge insert.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/pt67_...911--1989-94/Steering-Wheels-Without-Air-Bag/

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/non_air_bag_steering_wheels_porsche_momo.html

Some info on original 930S wheel:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/911M/POR_911M_INTacc_pg1.htm

EDIT: just went to measure mine, and it seems more like 360mm :dont know:

Thanks GT4.

The silver crest would look better with the silver stitching on my wheel on silver car. I'll source one when back in the uk.

jonttt said:
I think the standard wheel is 380mm and RS wheel 360mm but not sure about the tech equipment one. I have posted the tequipment brochure in the faqs section under my docs thread and that may state the diameter ?

I have just fitted a 365mm and have a 340mm in another car and think the 360-365 is perfect for the 993.

...thanks for excellent info :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back