Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tandem Pump

Barneybee

Had a call from OPC Chester last week to say that they had noticed the Tandem Pump had some corrosion on it when it was in last. They wanted to take a look to check it had not gotten worse.
Took it in today and they said it needed replacing, luckily for me, under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone checked theirs? The car is only 6 yrs old and done 49k.

My car is a 2007 C2S and had the pump replaced in May 2013 by my Indy, paid around £400 for it to be done, mine was dripping oil so really needed doing.

Mine is corroded but not leaking (35K), but I expect it will need doing in the not too distant future. It's a common problem with the metal used on the casing.

Chester must be quiet at the moment if they are stirring up business from previous advisories.
Nice of them to look after you.

The cover is a piece of pressed tin, un protected. If you peel the part number label off you have a nice piece of shiny metal !! If new spray or paint it with a high temp paint. Anyone wanting to set up making and selling repalcements would make a fortune.

Gollom122 said:
Chester must be quiet at the moment if they are stirring up business from previous advisories.
Nice of them to look after you.

Yes it was pretty dead there!!

I wonder if an end of month sale could be had - checking their stock now just in case they have something in my budget - fancy a Turbo now.

Nice Turbo but out of my budget right now.

Chester porsche told me it needed replacing at last service sept 2012,[£650] Depends how bad it is,i cleaned mine up and painted it with high temp paint still looking allright.But if its under warranty get it done. [997 2007, 20,000mls]

The part number is 997-107-022-02 cost £350, your local Indy or garage could fit in about an hour.

Gollom122 said:
I wonder if an end of month sale could be had - checking their stock now just in case they have something in my budget - fancy a Turbo now.

Nice Turbo but out of my budget right now.

If I remember correctly, I was told by one of the OPC franchisees that its financial year end was 31 July?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back