Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension squeaks

woodie

Trainee
After dialog deciding to get rid of the squeaks and tram lining I replaced the coffin arms and fork arms, then had the suspension adjusted. Wow what a difference, no more clonks and the handling was so much better.

After several weeks she has now started squeaking over the bumps again. It's worse when it's cold and comes from both side on the front.

Any suggestions on what to replace next would be gratefully received.

Thanks

In this order:

Could be ARB drop links and bushes: See if you can lift the "boots" on droplinks and squirt some lubricant in. Spray lube round the bushes.

Could be top mounts: crouch in the front boot and bounce around with you finger on the top nuts (remove plastic tray and caps) see if theres any play.

Could be track rod ends: use a lever gently and feel for play.

Could be something else entirely.....

Thanks for the tips

I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. Just got to make sure the wife doesn't nab me with the camera when I'm standing in the boot bouncing around, not sure there is a comeback from that.

Woodie - did you sort this out? I have the same issue and coffin arms replace hasn't cured it.

I suspect ARB bushes and wondered if you had solved your issues?

Mark

a combination of children and rain meant i havent yet got to bounce around in the front bottom of my car, and its not going to happen this weekend either. But when i do sort it out ill be sure to post what cured it.

good luck with yours

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back