Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension dropped front drivers side!

OllieB

Hi all,

The front drivers side of my 996.2 c2 has dropped. Ive changed the springs and lowered by 30mm which has made me notice that the drivers side front arch sits about 2cm closer to the outside of the tyre?

Dont suppose anyone got any ideas? Lower control arm/bush maybe?

:bandit:

I suspect if it was one of the suspension arms, you would get some pretty horrendous symptoms if they were buggered enough I cause a 2cm drop!

Have you had a thorough look at your springs? Usually a ride height problem is spring related - often because its cracked near the bottom at the tightly coiled part. I know you said you had it lowered, so I'm guessing they're pretty new springs in there. But it's possible one had a manufacturing fault or weakness and has cracked early on in life.

Bottom of the struts not clamped in properly? Ie one side not fully sitting down in the clamp?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back