Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sub Frame bushes

bakerboy4s

Nurburgring
I have a creak at the back of the car when the car is at an odd angle ie:- when I turn off the road onto my drive which is quite steep, ARB bushes, drop links were changed within the last 3 years, and the top mounts, coffin arms and diagonal arms are less than a year old.
I'm thinking it may be sub frame bushes, any other ideas :?:
TIA
Kevin

I had a noise, a creak sometimes or a tinny 'plink' that defied identification. It started as occasional, then became every time I pulled away or accellerated from low speed.

Rear sub frames were removed & cleaned plus the subframe cross member. Everything was checked & the ARB drop links changed. Eventualy the cross members were taken off and cleaned ( a fair bit of crud under them ) and all now good.

...most likely the rear cross members need to be tightened up; these needs to be tight! Pinging should stop...

Thanks for the input, I'll get on the cross members👍

...I spent bloody ages trying to identify 'this' noise and then spoke with Iain (demort) whom suggested ensuring the rear subframe cross members were really tight...so I removed them, cleaned them and really did them up tight...problem solved...man's a genuine legend with an encyclopedic knowledge of Porsche :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back