Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stone guards?

sssammm

Do Porsche do oem clear stone guards for the rear arches on a 997 Turbo?

Thanks
sam

Not sure about your question Sam , but the stone guards are the one point of external appearance i dislike about my car (nitpicking i know) , car being white they seem to show up more -- and appear to bubble when washing
the car ..

I dare say its something we 911' owners have to live with , be interested in how people got on who removed them

I have changed many of them, easy really, just make sure you use soapy water and squeeze out the air.

Answer to my question, just found them for sale on ebay

PORSCHE 911 997 TURBO CLEAR STONEGUARDS 2 PIECE STONE GUARD STICKER DECAL SET

Yes they do. I think OPC quoted £75 per side fitted.

sssammm said:
I have changed many of them, easy really, just make sure you use soapy water and squeeze out the air.

Answer to my question, just found them for sale on ebay

PORSCHE 911 997 TURBO CLEAR STONEGUARDS 2 PIECE STONE GUARD STICKER DECAL SET

Are the old ones easy to get off ?

I just used a hairdryer or heatgun to heat up the glue and pulled them off, sometimes I used a little white spirit to soften the glue once it was pulled away, Ive done 930 / 965 / 993TT / 996TT, no probs, every time I change the car I put a new set on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back