Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

STOLEN CAR!

Fingers

Need your advice guys, been offered a very nice RHD UK car for a very good price here in Tokyo, the price is almost too good to be true. Its not a Porsche but I am considering buying it.. How can I find out if the car is kosher? I have heard that you can check if the car is under finance in the UK but I haven't a clue how to do that!

I know the VIN and that's about it....

Appreciate your help!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75005

Hi Servo, PM the chassis number and I will do a HPI report !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75006

Hi Daniel

Just sent you a PM - thanks mate!

Servo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75009

the gallardo spyder eh Servo???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75017

Servo, PM'ed report back..

Your welcome.

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75019

And for the rest of us - is it worth looking at Servo?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75031

Its a 2005 Gallardo Couple - GBP 70,000 with only 5,000 miles on the clock.
E-gear with some decent options.

The only thing is - thanks to Daniel's help, it looks a bit suspect, its still under finance :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75076

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 19 September 2006
the gallardo spyder eh Servo???

The Spyder is amazing - I would get that but its BIG BUCKS!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75077

If it's too good to be true....... That does sound cheap. I would personally steer clear of that!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75080

Servo,

it it looks to good to be true, it is.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75084

Actually the going rate in Japan is about 70,000 to 80,000 for a similar car so its not particularly cheap - its just that its a RHD car, which in Japan is EXTREMELY rare! I have only heard of one other RHD Gallardo!

I actually prefer LHD - as I have said on this forum many times having owned both LHD and RHD cars. And for something like the Gallardo, RHD is kind of narrow BUT, in this case, I was going to buy the car as a second car and then ship it to to the UK once I am bored and sell it for what I paid for it!

Being a UK car, should be an easy enough sell - at least I thought. I have sent two cars to the UK in the past and they were sold while they were still here in Japan!

My old man rang me up today and pestered me to find him a Porsche - he actually wants my one but I can't afford to give him that. Will help him buy one in the UK : )

Out of interest, how much do you guys reckon I can get for my motor in the UK. 2005 997 C2 (May 2005 Registered) Basalt Black, sand beige, Xenon's, 19" alloys, Sunroof, a few other bits and bobs, immaculate condition - believe me it really is immaculate and LHD with 6 speed manual box. No PCM - not available in Japan - nobody would buy it here because its a piece of junk compared to the Japanese navigation systems and it has 15,000 KM on the clock at the moment.

I was thinking I could lend it to the old man for a year and then sell it in the UK....He's a better driver than me so i trust him completely!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75093

Feel free to lend it to me. I'm in the UK if that's the required criteria :) :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75094

The only criteria you ensure you leave everything to me in your will : )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 75648

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back