Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stocking charges @ £17 per day ???

jay jay

Monza
My 997 C2 "S" has arrived at the dealership.

Great !

I said to dealer ...my preference is to collect it in first few days of January as i prefer it to be a 2005 reg'd car at this late stage in 2004.

Wrong....

"Porsche's rules dictate that the car has to be reg'd asap - otherwise the dealer passes on a £17 per day "stocking" charge.

That's the thick end of £750 - £800 if i accept that arrangement.

Don't i get to choose at this stage to delay taking the car until the time i want it?

Do i have any clout here at all?

...or should i just pay up & shut up?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20765

prob' in their rights....

is £800 worth while ?? in order to be 2005 registered in view of future depreciation.... ??

er... try and bargain a better price with hard cash ? or they could stick it in their showroom till then for nought ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20766

The point is that the dealer probably have to pay Porsche UK the car and also if you do not register it in 2004 the dealer do not get the bonus for 2004 sales. I think if you pay the car now and then they delivery it to you without to register (in my Country you may fit a test registration plate and drive home) then you will register it at jannuary without paying the "funny" park fees.

A part of that HOW you can resist having a 997 S ready not to drive it ? :))) (depreciation is high anyways get it now and drive it all the week-end)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20767

This is cr4p, I have had cars sit in the showroom for weeks before collection and they don;t mind. I'm sure if you paid for the car now they would be fine with it.

Which dealer?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20769

Is it possible to buy the car, and borrow a trailer to take it home on, then keep it in the garage until January?

I'm not sure if you have to register a car to (just) own it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20798

Can you insure it if it's not registered?

It would still need Insurance - you don't want to have it nicked from your garage whilst waiting to register it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20800

Yes ...cars can be insured without registration....the chassis no suffices.

however, the point is the dealership wants the car reg'd or the £17/day kicks in....regardless of whether i've paid for it or trailered it away.....

it's the registration that is the issue.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20803

Ok understood the dealer WANT to register it in 2004 so goes in the 2004 sales and get a bonus from Porsche.

It is quite difficult to find a 997 S in the market now, so if you did not indicate that you want the car registered in 2004 when to ordered it, you may leave you car to an other client that wants it immediately (you possibly will get some extra money for immediate delivery) and then order an other one delivered in 2005.

Also very important are the condition on the contract you signed: what that says about car delivery. Very often they say no liablity if the dealer delivery it late but nothing if the client collect the car late. If the 17GBP/day extra cost is not in the contract the situation is quite different.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20804

so if you have a delivery date for your car and its late do they pay you £17 per day till it arrives ????? should work both ways

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20825

i've offered to pay now, in full, the outstanding balance required (ie the list price).

then pick up the car in the first few days of January as a 2005 "54" registered car.

But that does not get the registration issue removed.....

the £17 per day only ends upon the car being registered.

In May i was offered a November build car.

Great!

I said to the dealer at the time ....

November build - December delivery...great....i'll take it in Jan '05.

i distinctly remember the dealer definitely did not say anything about that being a problem.

at all.

So...now...i prefer to not have the car & for 70K i think i should be at the very least humoured or tolerated.

Remember...i've offered to pay in full. Now.

Work, family, etc have made me want / desire the car as a belated xmas present to myself & registered in the manner i choose.

Remember...i've offered to pay in full now.

Sometimes - it's ok to point to a contract and say "there it is in black & white, mate"

But...

Sometimes it's better, more friendly & courteous to simply give the punter a little of what he wants.

There are always those who when they could assist - choose not to....

...and then there are always those who, although they don't have to, nonetheless choose to.

i know which ones i prefer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20827

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

....."Sometimes it's better, more friendly & courteous to simply give the punter a little of what he wants.

There are always those who when they could assist - choose not to....

...and then there are always those who, although they don't have to, nonetheless choose to."

...and then there is Porsche GB :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20832

Jay Jay,

My Dad recently took delivery of his 997 Carrera S. He also wanted to put off registration until Jan 05 for the resale factor. eventually the small boy in him got the better of him and he took delivery 2 or 3 weeks after it arrived at the dealer. At no point did they pressurize him to take delivery or insult him with parking fines. This was East London OPC.

I agree with you, it's pretty abismal if you can't leave it in their hands for a few more weeks. It may just be another Porsche to them but to you it's £70 grands of your hard-earned worth of Porsche.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20916

Porsche GB were interested to learn that i'd been originally told that my car was to be a Nov build and understood that the dealer had therefore effectively agreed to let me take it in Jan if it turned up in Dec.

The car was actually built in October.

Furthermore - they have instructed the supplying dealer to allow me (the customer) to take the car in the first few days of Jan '05 as a 2005 reg'd 54 plater.

Payment before christmas is the agreed stipulation.....fair enough.

Hats off to PGB.

As the car is coming from a Scottish dealer and i am (and always was) due to spend the festive period there - instead of my home county of Glos - i am no less than delighted.

A chunky dollop of faith restored even!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 21579

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back