Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering + A Big thanks to the Porsche Byfleet team

clinchy993

Daytona
My 993 had recently become a scary place to be in the wet and at any speed above over 40/50 mph, I put some fresh rubber on the rear 2 weeks ago which improved the grip but made the front of the car feel like I was on ''Driving on Ice'' and very vague /woolly also stopping in a straight line without fighting with the steering wheel from speed had become impossible

Time to take some action so I stuck the car on the MOT ramp at work and went around it with pry bar see what if any of the bushes had any play

My car had new front wishbones fitted by the previous owner at an OPC just before I purchased it 5 years ago and less than 20k miles later they are shot also the inner tie rods are the originals and those were shot as well,so time for change

Normally I would tackle this stuff myself but as the car needed a service and over the last few weeks I have visited Porsche Byfleet picking up more 964 parts than my wallet cares to remember I asked them to do me deal as they are a little quiet on the service work side

I got the car back today and its transformed the steering and front end handling :cloud9: :cloud9:

The guys at Byfleet did a service and comprehensive report on the car which came out very good with only a few minor winter jobs for me to do

As for the front suspension + steering they changed the following

Inner Tie rods ,Fitted Powerflex bush kit both supplied by me ,and new Bottom ball joints as they found a small amount of play in them

I also had the GEO done ,all the work was done in 2 days at a price you would be hard pressed to get an Indy to do
:thumb:

I can not recomend them enough :worship:

I will do a follow up report on the car over the next week

DSC_0784.jpg

Good to hear and I totally agree with you about Byfleet. My 993 was in there for about 7 weeks and considering the extremely long list of things I had done, the bill was nowhere near as horrific as it might have been.

Even though its not the closest place to me I'll be sticking with them for whatever needs doing from now on...

I was considering switching from Paragon.. they were good but I wasn't overly impressed with them and I felt I was paying top £ for them.

I was edging towards Byfleet.. especially after '100 point check' day they put on for 911uk.com recently. I though their service was very good and they were very friendly.

Now hearing so many good reports... I'm going to switch.. I think they are slightly close to me coming from Blackheath too.

How much of a deal did you manage to cut Tony, with all the parts you've been buying or considering it must have been quite substantial.

RobIpswichUK said:
How much of a deal did you manage to cut Tony, with all the parts you've been buying or considering it must have been quite substantial.

I was very happy Rob ,all I will say is they are up for a deal as the whole industry is a bit quiet at the moment and just as a foot note there were at least 4 x 993s in the workshop, they seemed to be the only ones with engines still in the cars 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deonj
Back